How to change the pitch of every single note on push?

Discuss Push with other users.
lshhsl

How to change the pitch of every single note on push?

Post by lshhsl » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:02 am

Hi bros

I wonder how I can change the pitch of every single individual note on push 2?
I've tried on clip view with step sequence layout, but I couldn't find.

Please let me know. Thanks.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: How to change the pitch of every single note on push?

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:22 pm

If you're not much into reading TFM, then you should have a look at those dedicated Push videos
Ableton Forum Moderator

Nogyoff

Post by Nogyoff » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:36 pm

[jur] wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:22 pm
If you're not much into reading TFM, then you should have a look at those dedicated Push videos

I don't think that RTFM is very helpful in this case, because I don't think this is a function you can do with Push 2. I came here looking for the same advice.

I see, from the videos, that you can choose certain notes in a clip to transpose, but you can't select all of the notes in a clip and transpose the whole thing.

I think you might need to add a MFL device that sends qwerty keyboard commands from user mode.

Then you could do select all, and arrow up.

Or, you could use a midi pitch device to transpose everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong!
Last edited by Nogyoff on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:50 am

Or you could read the manual..
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Nogyoff

Post by Nogyoff » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:08 am

Mark Williams wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:50 am
Or you could read the manual..

Yes, you can read the whole manual, and realize that this function does not natively exist on the Push 2.

Or, you could come to the forum and have people tell you to RTFM instead of actually answer the question.

I'm not sure which one is more painful.

ian_h

Post by ian_h » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:38 am

> I see, from the videos, that you can choose certain notes in a clip to transpose

You can choose them with the push, and transpose them with the push? Where do you see that?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:44 am

Not possible on the Push directly. You won't learn how to do it via the manual nor the videos.

You'll need to change the pitch on the device itself (e.g. Operator's Global>Transpose), or add a Pitch device to the track and transpose using that, or just transpose the notes manually in Live with the mouse/kb.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:54 am

Pitch device is in the manual, along with all the other midi effect devices.

Which once loaded with Push2 can be used to transpose the notes within the clip.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Nogyoff

Post by Nogyoff » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:39 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:54 am
Pitch device is in the manual, along with all the other midi effect devices.

Which once loaded with Push2 can be used to transpose the notes within the clip.
Which is probably what you could have said in the first place.

But, this is not the same thing as natively transposing notes in a clip, which was implied in the question. This is more of a global transpose for the instrument.

Transposing all of the notes within a clip implies that you can transpose notes in one clip, but have another clip, for the same instrument, stay at a different pitch. In order to do that with the "pitch" midi effect, you have to record pitch automation for that parameter for one clip, and then a different automation for another clip.

So, while this is doable, I think it deserves more than a RTFM from you guys, moderator included. It's not as simple as it probably should be, compared to other desktop production devices.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 pm

Then maybe YOU should of tried to RTFM, you offered ZERO help other than trying to undermine others including moderators, you offered no solution or workaround, my solution quite clearly in the manual should you care/take time to read. so maybe just maybe have a good hard look at yourself....TTFN

Nogyoff

Post by Nogyoff » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:00 pm

I didn't know the answer. I came to this forum looking for the answer. Maybe you can read the thread from the beginning, instead of doubling down on this RTFM nonsense. I had to research the best way of doing it, I added my two cents on the best way, and now there's a thread so that other people don't have to do the same, they can just search in the forum. See how forum's work?

@garyboozy is the hero of the thread on this one.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 pm

You may call it what you like, you still did not offer anything other than to not read manual and call it nonsense, which pretty much summed up your total input,

Forums only as good as the input from users, which going by your input = zero use. 4 posts since 2009 says it all..

As for hero's, how old? 8O

Nogyoff

Post by Nogyoff » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:39 pm

Mark Williams wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:14 pm
You may call it what you like, you still did not offer anything other than to not read manual and call it nonsense, which pretty much summed up your total input,

Here's what I said upthread, before you even chimed in:

"I think you might need to add a MFL device that sends qwerty keyboard commands from user mode.

Then you could do select all, and arrow up.

Or, you could use a midi pitch device to transpose everything.
"

I'm only adding this again, because you obviously didn't read it, and I think a MFL qwerty quick key device for PUSH would be a cool option.