Really lovely pads and screen

Discuss Push with other users.
Punky921

Really lovely pads and screen

Post by Punky921 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:58 am

I just wanted to drop in and say that I picked up a used Push 2 for a bargain (a mislabeled $289 at Guitar Center). The price was so low I couldn't say no. And with just one session I'm absolutely in love.

I've been using the Push 1 pretty much since it came out, and was used to really having to slam the pads to get a good reaction out of them. The Push 2's pads are such a tremendous improvement, and I find myself focusing more on melody rather than inflicting enough hurt on my pads to get the velocity response I want.

I didn't think I'd care about the on-device screen at all, but it's really appealing and attractive compared to the orange / yellow LEDs on the Push 1. It's functional and aesthetically pleasing without drawing too much attention to itself.

I'm far from being a pro - music production is a past time for me, not a business or occupation - but the Push 2 was a very worthwhile investment. If anyone is hanging onto their Push 1, just jump and get that upgrade. It's worth it.

miyaru

Re: Really lovely pads and screen

Post by miyaru » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:14 pm

I have my Push2 for years, and still loving it to death. Never had the Push1, started with Live in the Push2 era.....

Also use it for Reason 11 suite with the PusheR2 application. Very handy, and once one uses it a while, you cannot do without it!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

panten

Post by panten » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:52 pm

Glad you're loving it, I just recently purchased an Octatrack and have it synced to Ableton Live and using Push 2 with it is heaven. Live finger drumming and capturing loops to instantly mangle on the Octatrack is a dream come true.

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:00 pm

Oh neat! That looks really cool! I don't really have any outboard gear yet (trying to keep things simple due to limited space) but that looks like an amazing addition.

panten

Post by panten » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:38 am

I totally understand, was in the same boat for years and have been using Push since the first version came out. It's a LOT of fun. The upgraded screen on Push2 and the convert button are a really great improvement but I'm in two minds about the pads as I always preferred the rubbery stickiness of push1 for finger drumming.

Something I do really miss though are the NativeKontrol PXT scripts from Push1. Stray was REALLY onto something with those and I found myself in the User mode more than the default. PXT turned Push from an interesting concept into a game changer.