Drumkit record button bug?

Discuss Push with other users.
Dugrok

Drumkit record button bug?

Post by Dugrok » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:19 am

Hi all!

Let me start by saying I'm new to Push (about a month) but have been producing with Ableton for close to 2 years and in other DAWs for over 10.

I may be doing something wrong, but suspect I may have found a bug. When working with this Beastly Drumkit (one of the stock Ableton kits I believe), I run into an issue where Ableton will start new clips in ways I don't expect it to.

If I clicking around with my mouse on other tracks/scenes, the track with the drumkit will start new clips (or amend existing clips) in the same scene as I just clicked on in another unarmed track. This only seems to happen if I click around, THEN arm the drum track. Once this is done, when I press record a first time on Push nothing happens. Then (thinking I haven't pressed hard enough), I hit record again on Push, and Ableton will either create a new clip on my drumtrack if the slot is empty, or try to amend whatever clip is already in the scene I accidentally select when clicking around.

I'd just like to know if this is the intended function, or if it is a bug? As I mentioned, Push is very new to me so I'm not confident enough to call it a bug myself (yet).

Here is a video that illustrates the issue (for my friend "Rachel" who is helping me tackle this as well).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXCu_-Xszc
| 14" 2021 64 GB M1 Max MBP , OS 12.4 | 15" 2015 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 MBP, OS 11.6 | UAD Twin and x6 | Ableton Live 11 Suite v11.2