Push 2 and Collections

Discuss Push with other users.
economycar

Push 2 and Collections

Post by economycar » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:27 am

Hi, I have a question, I have searched for answers but wasn't able to find any. I have Live 11 running on Windows 11 with Push 2.

I want to have tracks saved including external instruments+plugins. I want to be able to add those tracks+instruments+plugins to collections that I can load from push. I believe that the best way to do this is to pull the entire track into the browser and save it as an .als file. If I press the "add track" button on push, push doesn't display .als files/subfolders when I browse collections. Is there some way to make this possible?

Thanks

wendel kos

Re: Push 2 and Collections

Post by wendel kos » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:51 am

I have the same question...

I dont see any of the vsti/track/clip sounds i saved in the Push 2 browser...
are there any videos/tuts/manuals on this? i cant find info on whats compatible with Push 2 browser...

im pretty new to Ableton and got Push last week, big thanks for any help on this

wendel kos

Re: Push 2 and Collections

Post by wendel kos » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:31 am

So i found out that its NOT possible to save or open/browse clips (.alc) with Push 2

Howeverrrr, i can group a device and save that as .adg. This WILL show up in the browser on my Push 2.
Sometimes, this is even better than just the .alc, because you can set cool stuff with macro controls within the device group, but no midi...
You can export the midi from a clip to the user folder, so you have everything together...

Its not perfect but at least this works :)

aaaah, the blissfull times as a newbee...so many tuts to go with so little time!!!

greetings from Push 2 and Ableton beginner :)