Use the Arturia Analog Lab Sounds in Ableton?

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
Jowi1982

Use the Arturia Analog Lab Sounds in Ableton?

Post by Jowi1982 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:01 am

Hi, :)
I'm wondering how I can use the "Arturia Analog Lab"-Sounds, that I purchased together with the Keyboard "Keylab61 Essential" in Ableton.
First of all, I didn't buy the full version. In the app "Analog Lab" on my Mac I cannot manipulate the sounds, only preview them and play them with the keyboard. (Keyboard is connected and shows the names of the different sounds). Opening "Analog Lab" and Ableton parallel, I can already hear the different sounds and I can also use the keyboard to record into a midi-track in Ableton. But in Ableton, the track that I recorded into, is not playing back. I guess that's because in Ableton, there is no midi-Instr. selected?

Is it realy not possible to use the "Analog Lab" sounds in Ableton with this setup?
Do I have to buy full version of Arturia (that would be "V Collection 9" at the moment) to use the sounds in Ableton?
Is there a work-around f.e. recording the sound from "Analog Lab" as audio?
Is this about VST Plug-ins Settings in Abletons Preferences?

Thank You for reading,
Jonas

Greenapples2019

Re: Use the Arturia Analog Lab Sounds in Ableton?

Post by Greenapples2019 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:36 am

Hi Jonas, in Ableton create a midi track. Then in the browser select Plug-ins, click on the AU or VST3 arrow, click on the Arturia arrow and double-click Analog Lab. This will load Analog Lab onto your midi track. Select your keyboard as the input (or leave as "All inputs") and you should be able to hear the sounds from Analog Lab.

Analog Lab gives you presets from V Collection and so you can't change them much (other than using the macros Arturia provide). But it's a quick and easy way to get a wide range of sounds. If you want the ability to change the sounds you'll need to buy V Collection.

I hope that helps.

Atakan

Post by Atakan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:24 am

Ans If there is no AU or VST selectrions in Plugins in the Browser?

teqst

Post by teqst » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:57 pm

Atakan wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:24 am
Ans If there is no AU or VST selectrions in Plugins in the Browser?
Hello, i've faced the same problem as you) You have to go to Settings -> Plug-Ins -> Use VST3 Plug-In-System Folders -> [Off -> On]