Remote Script for Behringer X-Touch

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
MPrinsen

Re: Remote Script for Behringer X-Touch

Post by MPrinsen » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:12 pm

I just found something that seems to be a bug:

When you create an audio track and arm it for recording, the Rec button doesn't light up. It does for midi tracks though.

Also, when you set the audio track to record another track, while monitoring is Auto or In, it doesn't show the level meter leds. Only after you disable Arm for recording (while monitoring is set to IN), it does show the level metering.

seventhswami

Post by seventhswami » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:44 am

I have a request. I just purchased an X-Touch Extender that I am using without a main X-Touch and the scribble strips do not function. Is there a way to enable this functionality when using the Extender by itself in MackieControl mode?

j-cuc

Post by j-cuc » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:10 am

was this ever answered? the displays of x-touch extender (without main unit) are blank for me as well, and i can't find an answer. thanks.

Arthur Montvidas

Post by Arthur Montvidas » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:28 am

seventhswami wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:44 am
I have a request. I just purchased an X-Touch Extender that I am using without a main X-Touch and the scribble strips do not function. Is there a way to enable this functionality when using the Extender by itself in MackieControl mode?
Good day.
I tried to turn on Extender without main unit and it works. You need to have both XTouch and XTouchXT scripts in "C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts" folder (XTouchXT inherits parent script).
Download both scripts prom post by RobrechtV. Also try to add dummy control surface with XTouch script.

Arthur Montvidas

Post by Arthur Montvidas » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:39 pm

j-cuc wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:10 am
was this ever answered? the displays of x-touch extender (without main unit) are blank for me as well, and i can't find an answer. thanks.
see my post above

j-cuc

Post by j-cuc » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:28 pm

Thanks Arthur,

however, could you elaborate what exactly you do to get it to work?
When I establish XTouch AND XTouch Ext as two control surfaces, I sometimes geht the Tracknames of CH9-16 but Fadermovements of CH1-8… and no Colors - it's a mess. What exactly do you do to get the X-Touch Extender to work as expected? Thanks. J.

j-cuc

Post by j-cuc » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am

Why do the Level-LEDs for each channel on the X-Touch only show level-peaks, not the current Level? Would it be possible to change this somewhere? Thanks, J.

// I have a working solution for the colors. It's a dirty beta at the moment but works for me (macOS, Live 12, Extender & Mainunit, fixed to CH1-16). If someone wants to test it, send a message.

pizza-champignons

Post by pizza-champignons » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:44 pm

Hello everyone, new to this forum, I just stumbled upon your discussions, and they interest me as an xtouch user. Personally, I've had the controller for about two years, and for the past year, I've been using the ABK-LE software designed for Mackie Control and Ableton—I can't do without it, it's that good! I wanted to know if any of you have tried using ABK-LE with your scripts and if it works. To be honest, I'd like to give it a try, but I'm not an advanced user and I'm afraid of messing up with your scripts and not being able to get back to my perfectly working configuration! Have a great day, Flo. :mrgreen:

P.S. For those who are not familiar, there's also a free demo available at: https://www.maxinoize.com/p/abk-le/

Arthur Montvidas

Post by Arthur Montvidas » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:17 pm

j-cuc wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am
Why do the Level-LEDs for each channel on the X-Touch only show level-peaks, not the current Level? Would it be possible to change this somewhere? Thanks, J.

// I have a working solution for the colors. It's a dirty beta at the moment but works for me (macOS, Live 12, Extender & Mainunit, fixed to CH1-16). If someone wants to test it, send a message.
Do you mean LEDs feedback latency? Or does your LEDs show one highest bar on strip?
You can see here how my controllers feedback looks like: https://youtube.com/shorts/I4o6bLvMY5Y
I think some latency is by design, even Push 2 is not fully realtime.

About colors: I read that channel colors are avaliable in HUI mode to use with Behringer X-Air mixers. But If you have any solution in Mackie mode please share with us.

j-cuc

Post by j-cuc » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:11 pm

Arthur Montvidas wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:17 pm
j-cuc wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:45 am

Do you mean LEDs feedback latency? Or does your LEDs show one highest bar on strip?
You can see here how my controllers feedback looks like: https://youtube.com/shorts/I4o6bLvMY5Y
I think some latency is by design, even Push 2 is not fully realtime.

About colors: I read that channel colors are avaliable in HUI mode to use with Behringer X-Air mixers. But If you have any solution in Mackie mode please share with us.
Hey, no, I don't mean latency. I am referring to the fact that the X-Touch level LED strip for each track reflects RMS and not peak. I find it quite irritating to see levels for about 10 seconds before they reset. It's also the entire LED strip that "sticks" not just one LED (like the Live UI has one line of pixels for RMS). So the levels on the X-Touch do not reflect what is playing at all. This sure has a use case, be defeats the purpose of the LEDs in my scenario. So my question is if this behavior/timing can be adjusted somehow.

Cheers, J.

j-cuc

Post by j-cuc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:28 am

Arthur Montvidas wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:28 am
seventhswami wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:44 am
Good day.
I tried to turn on Extender without main unit and it works. You need to have both XTouch and XTouchXT scripts in "C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts" folder (XTouchXT inherits parent script).
Download both scripts prom post by RobrechtV. Also try to add dummy control surface with XTouch script.
As a note to other with this situation:
To get the Extender to work without the main unit, I had to have Control Surface 1 being "XTouchXT" with its MIDI ports and Control Surface 2 "XTouch" with MIDI ports "none".

(But I ended up adding a second extender plus the main unit… which works best. …and colors now as well.)

j-cuc

Script customization for X-Touch

Post by j-cuc » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Since this thread was started by Arthur and his great mod of the MCU script for X-Touch, I want to post this here:

I am in need of someone to modify the X-Touch script for my workflow needs.
In particular, I'd like to establish a mode where the buttons of each track (rec, solo, mute, select) across multiple X-Touch controllers can function as play, stop, previous, next for clips of that track. In other words, I would like to incorporate a sort of clip matrix onto the buttons of the X-Touch.
Besides this, there are multiple smaller modifications in the behavior of some buttons over the standard script that I would hope can be achieved with use of the given framework of Live.

If you think you could help here or know someone to turn to, please DM me to discuss further.

Thanks,
Cheers, J.