ClyphX Pro vs LaunchSync XL, ChannelStrip and LaunchControll XXL

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
k_sassa

ClyphX Pro vs LaunchSync XL, ChannelStrip and LaunchControll XXL

Post by k_sassa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 am

Hi There! Im just thinking about buying LaunchControl XXL, LaunchSync XL and ChannelStrip to improve my Live sets workflow with Push 2 and Launchcontrol XL, Launchpad Pro.

Today I discovered ClyphX Pro and its Bindings.

Is it correct that when I use ClyphX Pro and its Bindings, I dont need the other products I mendtioned above?

Greenapples2019

Re: ClyphX Pro vs LaunchSync XL, ChannelStrip and LaunchControll XXL

Post by Greenapples2019 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:40 pm

It might depend on exactly what you're looking to do. ClyphX Pro is really powerful, especially once you start using G-controls and Bindings. I use it with a LaunchControl XL but also use Max For Live devices and some Keyboard Maestro commands where CXP either can't do it, or I find the workflow is better with the alternative. So I don't know the specific programs from Isotonik you're talking about, but Darren (from Isotonik) is an active member here and could possibly give you more detail. Or the NativeKontrol forum has lots of expertise with control scripts.

I find there are generally five ways to potentially do any one thing in Ableton, and it's a personal preference which you go with. Sorry I can only be limited help.

S4racen

Re: ClyphX Pro vs LaunchSync XL, ChannelStrip and LaunchControll XXL

Post by S4racen » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:44 am

Hi There,

I already replied to a support ticket with the same question....

Whilst ClyphX Pro and it's bindings component can allow you to create MIDI Mappings that can be switched on the fly, the only element that can be dynamic is to set a mapping based on the track in focus, this could be for set parameters across various devices of course...

Its not possible therefore to mimic the dynamic mapping capabilities of LaunchSync whereby you could map the Bass parameter of an EQ8 for all of the tracks in view of the current Ring Focus Box (Red Box)

Cheers
D