Need keyboard idea to go with Push and Ableton

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
JDS123

Need keyboard idea to go with Push and Ableton

Post by JDS123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:46 am

I will likely be getting a Push

I do have some hard synths.

Using PC

Have a small keystep.

So I've looked into an Oxygen, Launchkey, and some Arturia stuff, but don't know if I will need all those options if I have a Push.

I like the keystep pro for controlling hard synths and it's got 4 tracks, however maybe that just needs to be a separate setup.

Should I just get a nicer 49 or so midi keyboard without all the pads and such? Considering I will have a Push?

Is it redundant to have a full featured midi keyboard along side the Push

Should I get a fully featured midi keyboard and hold off on the Push?

Certainly want something that works good in Ableton because I'm still learning it.

I'm worried about these keyboards, some say pitch wheels not accurate, some say faders are horrible and so on....

Some have endless knobs, some don't, is that a major flaw?

With a regular midi keyboard and a Push, what do you do about faders?

So yeah I gotta upgrade from lite to suite, but need to know where to put my money

Suite first, or Suite with Push package, or wait for possible Push 3, or fully functional keyboard now and Suite?

Maybe a cool hard synth keyboard that also has midi, or with that take me away from nice integration with Ableton?

If i do get full function midi keyboard i can pry go up to 500 bucks, but if the ones like oxygen are good, then fine, I just don't want crummy stuff, but I'm also not a baller.

Any help thanks....

JDS123

Re: Need keyboard idea to go with Push and Ableton

Post by JDS123 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:02 am

Kinda thinking just get a SL49 MK3 maybe befor the push, hell idk.