Re: midi input not working

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:23 pm

Which midi device are trying to use?
Ableton Forum Moderator

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:50 pm

What's happening exactly when trying to connect to a bluetooth device?
No problem connecting to my roli seaboard here.
Ableton Forum Moderator

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:39 pm

Been quite a few reports about this, we've passed it on to the Note team and will let you know what they say. Definitely should be working but something happened, stay tuned and thanks for letting us know.
Ableton Forum Administrator

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 pm

I was confused at first because I must’ve missed the announcement for this (any clue where people learned of this feature being added?)

Anyway, yeah. The midi connection section and Bluetooth connection setup is there. By when midi devices are connected, nothing shows up in the actual midi input list… it’s blank. It has the description for midi connection, and Bluetooth connection (which is only to connect the Bluetooth to the phone for midi, it doesn’t turn on midi for the device inside the app). So the midi input selection part does not populate. And when pressing keys, it does not trigger instruments in Note. But the same connected midi devices work fine on my other apps.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:20 pm

Hey folks, just a quick update on MIDI input. This feature was not supposed to be enabled/visible in the latest v1.06 update, which was pushed out to fix a critical Ableton Cloud Sync bug. That menu item for MIDI input should not have been in the update, which is why it's not working yet. There's still a bit of work to do to get it as stable as we'd want it to be for release, but in the meantime consider it a small teaser of things to come.

Sorry for the confusion.
Ableton Forum Administrator