2 new mashupControlleristHipHopFunkRockHousePartyMixes

Share your music productions here
j0shu@

2 new mashupControlleristHipHopFunkRockHousePartyMixes

Post by j0shu@ » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 pm

i havent posted any mixes in a minute, ive mostly been playing w/ bands and working in the studio. however, i have done some house parties which generated these two new signature bizarro mashup mixes.

i went waaay more granular and experimental on these than i have in a while, using drum loops, basslines, acapellas, small loops, random follow actions, odd time sigs, hip hop (which i normally dont touch), diff quantizations (used to only do 1 bar), and generally taking a much more raw, rock and roll approach to playing out, warping, and prepping the sets (ie drinking a lot more and performing more.) people really seem to dig it...

as such these have some rough spots and if you aren't a fan of the effects / glitches / manipulations and whatnot then these may not be for you. a few 'beat juggling' type sections of the mixes went over very well live, but sort of fail to translate in the recordings. also, i used some of the same clips in the two mixes, as i tend to recycle old pieces of sets and twist them up in new ways. don't let that deceive you, both sets are actually quite different. both sets are quite short (~30 mins) and smaller file sizes, so even if its not your cup of tea i encourage you to check it out and hear something a bit different.

im listing loops / pieces only the first time they come in, not all the subsequent returns. ENJOY and let me know what you think!

joshua / dj anemone - http://myspace.com/djanemone

THE WHITE PARTY:
this was a white themed party. everybody dressed in white, the house was decorated in white, white wine, all that kind of stuff. so i sourced a bunch of tunes with white in the titles / lyrics / bands etc and stitched them together.

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE - 192kmp3 48Mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?m0ye8xbvzvx

TL:
cream - white room
white snake - here i go again
the beatles - everybodys got something to hide except me and my monkey (from the white album)
billy martin - little d
riko - tokyo (storyteller mix)
sky hi - over the influence (THIS IS THE FUNK BAND IM IN - THATS ME PLAYING KEYS / CLAVINET)
daft punk - da funk
barry white - love making music
the white stripes - little cream soda
the bee gees - staying alive (teddybears hidden bonus mix)
white lion - wait
bright eyes - white christmas
the pixes - in the white
giani binn - mr nasty (audio units mix)
morphine - honey white
faith no more - epic
connie price and the keystones - double dutch
grandmaster flash - white lines
menorah - suedat (van lazurus mix)

COMMENCEMENT:
this was a graduation party for my friend danielle. included is some of my first stabs at using vocal hip hop (which generally annoys me to no end) and longer accapella sections. the atmosphere / dj shadow sections is one of my favorite things ive ever done.

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE - 192kmp3 43Mb
http://www.mediafire.com/?wsuxjmz2n1z

TL:
dj shadow - organ donor (extended overhaul)
billy martin - little d
beck - loser
atmosphere - pour me another
sky hi - its yours
aesop rock - keep off the lawn
the bangles - walk like an egyptian
atmosphere - the arrival
daft punk - around the world
brown out - laredo77
the scorpions - rock you like a hurricane
faith no more - epic
deadmaus - we fail