circuit bent techno - (rhythm bender)

Share your tracks with other users.
the_antagonist

circuit bent techno - (rhythm bender)

Post by the_antagonist » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 pm

then went back to it and fucking nailed it.

working on a thing. manged to get from one end to the other but i just dont feel like it goes anywhere. any ideas?, hows my sound, is it quiet? I cant seem to get anymore volume out of it. my tone it up button seems broken.

http://www.speedyshare.com/171183621.html (original)

======================
thanks for your help guys.

comments on board. simplied it. put in a solo.

still not happy. i simplied it but its just the same track. i couldnt let go. i wimped out with a rubbish flange at the end.

so went back the the drawing board

and fucking nailed it

http://www.speedyshare.com/768211332.html (final)
Last edited by the_antagonist on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

8O

Re: circuit bent techno need help

Post by 8O » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah, it is a wee bit quiet, but it's ok, I'd rather turn up the volume control than listen to over-compressed stuff. I hear what you mean by not feeling that it's going nowhere - I think there are plenty of ideas and sounds there to make a cohesive track, but it chops and changes through all the ideas seemingly randomly, which imparts a sense of not knowing what direction it's going in. It really depends what you aim to do with the track, but maybe one suggestion would be to reduce the number of changes by half and add more variation in each scene, rather than just starting the next scene. Just an idea. Some nice sounds in there, so keep at it... :D

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

yeh man i can dig that.... i back to it and iv got it cooking. fukin yeehaa

Danny Lee

Post by Danny Lee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:13 am

realllly diggin this mate! 1st min or so really reminded me of some old DJ rush techno i used to play

i could not help but hum a deep but simple bass line along to it though just to carry on thru the track - hard to say what i mean really but i think its got potential to be a belter

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 am

Cool track t_a, yeah I'd def work in variations and if it was me I'd prob dump a solo in there too just to keep myself interested. I know nothing of genres tho so I'm not sure what's expected for this style. Anyhow, nice creative piece with lotsa head bobbing fun.
Image Image

amigo

Post by amigo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:32 am

I do like this track and all that could be changed has already been highlighted.
It has a lot of potential so I do hope you finish it.

Thanks for sharing.

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 pm

yeh iv got this rockin now. should be able to amend the upload tonight or tomorrow once I finalise the mix out beats

polyslax

Re: circuit bent techno - (rhythm bender)

Post by polyslax » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 am

I think the track is sounding pretty awesome but tbh I think your mix needs to get a lot more angry. Right now I find the mix a bit flat sounding... needs level, needs punch and I'd do some eqing as well to make things more distinct. Cool ideas tho! 8)
Image Image

amigo

Post by amigo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:02 am

I agree with polyslax on this one. The mix needs more energy and drive.
I also think the kick drum needs more presence, not necessarily more volume, but as much presence as the snare drum has.

Having said all that I do like the track and arrangement. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Gtrance

Post by Gtrance » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 pm

Hello,

Like how the track starts. The part in the middle is cool as well when it all gets a bit crazy.

Percussion needs more work. Needs more layers and extra energy.

I also think there is too much reverb on some sounds casuing them to lack definition and to sink into the background too much.

Few production problems but some very nice ideas here. Tidy up the production a bit and you've got a solid track :)