Ableton Unsigned

Share your tracks with other users.
jcwillia

Re: Ableton Unsigned

Post by jcwillia » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:41 pm

i think the music selection is excellent if not slightly constrained.

Maybe at some point we might consider multiple podcasts championed by separate people with different "sub-genre's" in mind.

My tastes (and I suspect others) in electronic music are decidedly more uptempo and loud than the podcast provides.

Then you could have it twice a month but still only one podcast per month per person.

I also felt the need for a voice over during the podcast of what I was listening to but that's probably sacreligious and too much work anyways. I'm not sure which songs I really liked and which ones I could leave.
Composition Name : JRock3x8
Soundcloud | Blog

amigo

Post by amigo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm open to other people submitting a mix as long as they use unsigned tracks from people on this forum. So come on guys, show me what you've got :)

amigo

Post by amigo » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Eh, sorry about the delay.
I had two of the tracks re-submitted during in the week which resulted in me re-arranging things a bit and currently work is eating up all my time.
I really am trying to get it out as soon as possible. :)

jcwillia

Post by jcwillia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:23 pm

listened to the new set on the way in to work today. Thanks so much for notching up the variety - it really makes a difference for me.

I'm not sure how you did it but the "liner notes" (which song starts when) showed up on the album art on my ipod touch and it made it SO much easier to follow so thank you for that.

Just for me personally, man be free and outpatient were real standouts.

man be free - i'm not so big on the vocals but man, the music is awesome. It took me back to my first time listening to nin's Pretty Hate Machine where I wasn't so crazy about the songs but the hooks were just so good you couldn't put it down.

Outpatient - I absoultely LOVE the more straightforward take on Daft Punk/Justice. I think those two duos tend to get lost in their own mystique at times and do things just to be weird on purpose. I love songs where they just let it roll like Da Funk, Around the World, One More Time, and Voyager. I can't think of any Justice songs off the top of my head - Justice and I are still in the "getting to know one another" phase :)
Soundcloud | Blog

de wouzer

Post by de wouzer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:34 pm

#2 is really nice! tnx amigo
macbook 2.4 ghz 2 gig ram, akai MPK 25, uc33e, apc40, ableton 8 suite, krk vx6, NI audio 8

amigo

Post by amigo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for listening guys.

This mix is definitely different to the first and that's the beauty of this project. It's not all about me playing out a particular style of music but showcasing the diversity of music we have here.

Thanks for your support.

jcwillia

Post by jcwillia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:30 pm

this is taking me back to the birth of MTV's Amp...I'm lovin' it!

I used to rig up my VCR into my audio tape player and record the shows and then edit them later.

Ahhh... memories of a college student with WAYyyy too much time on his hands.
Soundcloud | Blog

jcwillia

Post by jcwillia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:41 pm

At the 4:15 mark, Silverfish does a really sweet effect on that synth that sounds like a saxophone. It's almost like they are warbling the tone just slightly as they change pitch and it sounds so real it's REALLY nice.

I would love to hear how they did that.

Speaking of this track - I love the Groove Armada vibe coming off of it. So smooth...it didn't reach out and grab me at first but it's growing on me...
Soundcloud | Blog