Ableton Unsigned

Share your tracks with other users.
IanBuzz

Re: Ableton Unsigned

Post by IanBuzz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:33 am

Cool idea, i'm going to be releasing about 4 tracks here after the WMC rush... and I have no problem with allowing it to be on a mix :D

bolleh

Post by bolleh » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Great initiative!

I'd like to contribute as well. But seeing as I just recently started making music again I dont have any tracks, I was thinking though to make a nice logo for the podcast and header for the site. I'll keep you guys posted and as soon as I've got something worked out i'll post it here, keep watching :)

<edit>
So far i got to this, any ideas and suggestions are welcome

Im not happy yet with the font color but its a bit hard because of the underlying colors. The circles around the Ableton logo represent us, the unsigned producers.

The Illustrator file can be downloaded here
Last edited by bolleh on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

amigo

Post by amigo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 am

Hey bolleh,
That is cool. Your effort is appreciated :)

Keep us informed with what you come up with.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 am

bolleh wrote:Great initiative!

I'd like to contribute as well. But seeing as I just recently started making music again I dont have any tracks, I was thinking though to make a nice logo for the podcast and header for the site. I'll keep you guys posted and as soon as I've got something worked out i'll post it here, keep watching :)

<edit>
So far i got to this, any ideas and suggestions are welcome

Im not happy yet with the font color but its a bit hard because of the underlying colors. The circles around the Ableton logo represent us, the unsigned producers.

The Illustrator file can be downloaded here
Gotta be honest and say I'm not crazy about that design. The font, the text colour (as Rave mentioned), the layout. Clean and simple is where I'm at, but hey, it could just be me.
Image Image

pbasonuk

Post by pbasonuk » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:19 am

Nice attempt but its too busy in my opinion. sorry.

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:48 am

i dont like the design either.

i like to just see the ableton logo pop

bolleh

Post by bolleh » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:50 am

Well, im back and i bring 2 logo's ;)

Used a tutorial and some trial and error:

Not quite happy with it yet, but worked on it for an hour or 3-4 so im gonna get some sleep

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 am

better. I like the first more more.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:13 pm

bolleh wrote:Well, im back and i bring 2 logo's ;)

Used a tutorial and some trial and error:

Not quite happy with it yet, but worked on it for an hour or 3-4 so im gonna get some sleep
I think it is much better, but I have to say it's just not my style. Too frilly.

You see, I'd be thinking of something ultra simple, maybe like this:

Image Image

the_antagonist

Post by the_antagonist » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:27 pm

yeh thats the direction. however it looks a bit too iconic and ipody. id retain the ableton colours. techno green

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:12 pm

the_antagonist wrote:yeh thats the direction. however it looks a bit too iconic and ipody. id retain the ableton colours. techno green

Ok, I swear I'm done, a couple of quick variations:

Image Image

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Whoa whoa whoa there!
I just wanna say that you ought to clear this with the Ableton team, if you haven't already.

What I am seeing here looks a hell of a lot like copyright infringement.

There's a big difference between "Blog of music by Unsigned people who use Ableton Live" that has a very different image and a site called "Ableton Unsigned", which uses all the Ableton branding.

If you set up a site called "Ableton Unsigned" and use all their branding you are going to get people assuming it is an official product. If that assumption could be made, you will be contacted by their legal dept. and then stopped.

I advise you to think ahead before you spend too much time and effort on this branding.
I strongly urge you to mail Ableton about this project and get it cleared.

The Abletonian staff who regularly browse this forum may not be the ones who will be concerned with the legal ramifications. IE - they are concerned with specification and bugs, not branding and Intellectual Property. Don't wait to be contacted, make the first move.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Angstrom wrote:Whoa whoa whoa there!
I just wanna say that you ought to clear this with the Ableton team, if you haven't already.

What I am seeing here looks a hell of a lot like copyright infringement.

There's a big difference between "Blog of music by Unsigned people who use Ableton Live" that has a very different image and a site called "Ableton Unsigned", which uses all the Ableton branding.

If you set up a site called "Ableton Unsigned" and use all their branding you are going to get people assuming it is an official product. If that assumption could be made, you will be contacted by their legal dept. and then stopped.

I advise you to think ahead before you spend too much time and effort on this branding.
I strongly urge you to mail Ableton about this project and get it cleared.

The Abletonian staff who regularly browse this forum may not be the ones who will be concerned with the legal ramifications. IE - they are concerned with specification and bugs, not branding and Intellectual Property. Don't wait to be contacted, make the first move.
Quite right and well understood here. I would not take this beyond tossing concepts around without proper clearance.
Image Image

de wouzer

Post by de wouzer » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Rave wrote:FYI I do believe Amigo has been in touch with Ableton - however, the outcome is unknown
and if ableton doesn't like it.... they can say it... and then you quit... and there is no problem.....
ableton is not a Bank, or an oil company (i think)... and usually banks and oilcomapanies also ask before there are problems

but maybe it is more polite to ask... i don't know... i didnt think of this before I read this
macbook 2.4 ghz 2 gig ram, akai MPK 25, uc33e, apc40, ableton 8 suite, krk vx6, NI audio 8

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:57 pm

it's not just about politeness (and legality!), but saving people work.
If you put a lot of effort into a design and layout - then receive a mail saying

"Hey, it's Gerhard from Ableton here - I love your site but could you make more clear you are not associated with us. EG: reduce the size and prominence of the logo and our branding, because currently it looks like we are affiliated with you. Our affiliates pay a whole metric fuck-ton of cash to be associated with us, and buddy, I don't see no check with your name on it here. But I do see my Glock. You feel me dawg?"

at that point you say "ah fuck, I spent ages getting that layout right, and now I have to re-do the whole thing. Damn."

better to save yourself work.