Rock Instrmental - Ay Oh - guitar symphony

Share your tracks with other users.
smili

Re: Rock Instrmental - Ay Oh - guitar symphony

Post by smili » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:12 am

UKRuss wrote:I made my own and mixed it using the tips I suggested to you
Whoa - You've got a southern rock thing going on there. I think I'm hearing your influences.

I'll probably have time to finish the song up this weekend. I actually made the decision to do some of what you're talking about to cut time in first part of the song. I'm also working on some drum tracks - fills, and a beat change.

UKRuss - If you like PM me and when I'm done I'll put the loops out on a file server if you want to mess around with things.

I appreciate the detailed feedback from everyone on this thread. I learn alot from all of you. Thank you all!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

Cool, let us know how you get on!

smili

Post by smili » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:10 am

I just put up what may be a final version of the tune (same links as above for new version of song). Main changes include
- quite a bit of drum edits
- delay on harmonics (as suggested here)
- cut out 16 bars early in the song (as suggested here)
- maybe a tad of EQ. (probably didn't get to as much as mentioned here. I know a few people mentioned some buildup in the lower freqs that I probably haven't addressed - but I'm kindof digging as is right now)
- removed some acoustic guitar parts that just weren't working for me.
- thinned out the song in a place or two that had multiple layers of the same thing going on. (as suggested here)

Time to move on to something else. I appreciate everybody's feedback in helping me work on this. I'll probably work some with the EQ at some point in the future on my really good speakers, but for now - this will have to do.

jamers

Post by jamers » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Nice job on the re-edit smili :)
I especially like the toms you added to the chorus!