808 Minimal Techno (swinging grooves)

Share your tracks with other users.
Funkstar De Luxe

808 Minimal Techno (swinging grooves)

Post by Funkstar De Luxe » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Over the past week I've made some techno that I am very proud of. Repetitive, unfashionable, unprocessed music. just me and my little machines, no editing.

LAME MP3 http://www.naimarecordings.com/music/mp3/naima006.zip

24Bit FLAC http://www.naimarecordings.com/music/flac/naima006.zip

Frankie

Re: 808 Minimal Techno (swinging grooves)

Post by Frankie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:46 am

808's are always in fashion. ;)

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Am 2 minutes into How Love Is Your Deep and loving it... very, very nice indeed... very toe-tapping, very danceable...

Will post more when I've listened to all of the tracks. Only tip would be to put them somewhere on a site where it can be streamed, maybe just for the lower bitrate ones...

Really looking forward to hearing the rest now...

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 pm

Ok, back again. Great tracks. Felt the first one "How Love Is Your Deep" was the strongest one of the three, followed by the second "Me Versus My Angel", then the third. Love the slow build up on the first and the beats. Felt the first one was the most self-assured and had the confidence to just go for minimal and stick with it. Loved it. Second one was good too, equally well produced, but maybe lacked the simplistic determination of the first one. Third one, the main thing is that the hard snare that's there for the middle third of the track quickly outstayed its welcome, at least on my speakers.

But will definitely be listening to How Love Is Your Deep many times... great stuff, thanks for sharing.

Funkstar De Luxe

Post by Funkstar De Luxe » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 pm

8O wrote:Ok, back again. Great tracks. Felt the first one "How Love Is Your Deep" was the strongest one of the three, followed by the second "Me Versus My Angel", then the third. Love the slow build up on the first and the beats. Felt the first one was the most self-assured and had the confidence to just go for minimal and stick with it. Loved it. Second one was good too, equally well produced, but maybe lacked the simplistic determination of the first one. Third one, the main thing is that the hard snare that's there for the middle third of the track quickly outstayed its welcome, at least on my speakers.

But will definitely be listening to How Love Is Your Deep many times... great stuff, thanks for sharing.
Thank you very much indeed. I agree, the tracks do somewhat drop off in confidence. I can't hear any mix problems with the snare myself, perhaps just a taste thing. Again, thank you very much for the kind words, really is appreciated very much.

Funkstar De Luxe

Post by Funkstar De Luxe » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 pm

8O wrote:Am 2 minutes into How Love Is Your Deep and loving it... very, very nice indeed... very toe-tapping, very danceable...

Will post more when I've listened to all of the tracks. Only tip would be to put them somewhere on a site where it can be streamed, maybe just for the lower bitrate ones...

Really looking forward to hearing the rest now...
Thank you very much! I do have a myspace.com/tony.bernardo with some streaming tracks, but I like the idea of giving people these little .zip files. It's almost like a package I can put anything in - pictures, music, little notes etc. It also ensures that I have complete control over the quality - as streaming solutions tend to kill sound quality. There's always a nice sense of mystery when you're downloading something you've never heard before :) Of course, maybe I consider these things too much!

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been looking into bandcamp for the ability to have both streaming as well as high quality versions available for download (plus artwork). At the moment it'll always be some compromise between sound quality and convenience for getting people to listen in quickly. Though your tagline "Repetitive, unfashionable, unprocessed music" definitely piqued my interest... :D