ORIGINAL ElectroFunk indie type music

Share your tracks with other users.
ACSLATER92

ORIGINAL ElectroFunk indie type music

Post by ACSLATER92 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:10 pm

hey guys if you actually clicked on my topic ur reading this...hopefully you'll give my music a go and hopefully you'll let me know what you think even if you think i suck

anyways! http://www.myspace.com/sposhrock

my newest track is "Gentleman's Women"....check it out

ACSLATER92

Re: ORIGINAL ElectroFunk indie type music

Post by ACSLATER92 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:57 pm

Comeeee Onnnnnnn

tan111

Post by tan111 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 am

That sounds a little bit...hmmm unusual, I would say, but I like something genuine!Really cool!

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 am

hmm it is pretty funky lol, cool tho, keep on working.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:21 am

That about sums it up. IT SUCKS!
Terrence Lennon

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Okay ACSlater92 or SposhRock or whatever name you want to be called (though I can understand your reason for anonymity). Since you commented on my opinion on another's post, I will tell you why your music sucks. Your sound is very ametuerish and lends nothing to illustate you have imagination. Your lame attempt to capture an audiance with the overly used pumping compression effect was outweighed by your obvious lack of musical skills and poor compositional knowledge. What's more, you appear to have very little skills at gain staging and mixing. Of course this all depneds on the purpose of your music. Is it just for fun? Are you hoping to sell it one day? Are you soliciting that you are a composer/producer/arranger/beat maker?...... or is this just your hobby? I'm not going to tell you or anyone that something is good when it's bad especially when you post it looking for feedback. If you are serious, this should not discourage you but should encourage you to go and learn more. I have no idea of what stage of the game you are. To sum it up, it's all up to you. GOOD LUCK!
Terrence Lennon

ACSLATER92

Post by ACSLATER92 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:58 pm

alright, i just wanna start by saying that i myself do not think that my music is well produced by means of mixing and whatnot and i also wanna say that i dont mind the criticism but i think the post you just made was alot more suitable for the forums than your original post, with that aside, you pose a just point when referring to my lack of gain staging and mixing skills but i think that saying that my music shows a lack of imagination on my part is a far stretch considering the experimental aspects of my tracks. For further insight into the intentions of my music, ill have you know that i've only been using ableton for a few months and that im 17. Obviously, at this age, im not soliciting myself as anything. (its all just for fun [at this point]) Okay, with all that said, i just want to say that when i was looking for "feedback" i was hoping for something a little more helpful than "it sucks".

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 am

Your point well taken. I will respond more constructively in the future. Peace!
Terrence Lennon

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:28 am

not my kind of music to be honest and a bit too straight forward to be "experimental", at least in my books. However, you're not totally untalented and should keep at it.

I make experimental electronica so feel free to comment if you like. beware though, it's not for the faint hearted.

it can be found here http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=944007

cressy

Post by cressy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:21 pm

I thought your tunes were pretty good, the compositions and sounds are great, and it sounds alot like the indieelectro stuff that gets posted on blogs like bigstereo and red threat. If it was up to me, I'd dirty up the synths a bit and use some more tech-y drums. Cool tunes dude.