Glitch Grungetronica (vocals)

Share your tracks with other users.
IG88

Glitch Grungetronica (vocals)

Post by IG88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 am

Last edited by IG88 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tlennon

Re: Glitch Grungetronica (vocals)

Post by tlennon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:13 am

You must improve on mixing. Your vocals are much too soft or the guitars are much too loud. Work on mixing the levels so that all the parts are blended better and have their own space. Your song is very basic having only 2 chords and doesn't show your mastery of music composition. I can't determine if the lyrics are good or not because they are inaudible. Search the web for articles on mixing to help you improve. There is plenty of resources out there. Practice will make you better. Good luck!
Terrence Lennon

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:20 am

I'm with tlennon on the mixing, but I don't think it's a prob that your song has only 2 chords. I recommend a remix. Check out the Ableton Live manual's pages on the Compressor, and see if you can get your head around using "ducking" (it's explained there). That might bring your lyrics out. Learn about mixing (I need to do more of that, too).

It's a process. Do. Get feedback from other peeps. Revise. Now I'm gonna go do some of that. Good luck!

IG88

Post by IG88 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:06 am

Great feedback everyone! That helps a lot. I did not get to spend much time on the mix because I started it when i woke up today. Mostly was posting to see if people dug it or not, if i should continue. I do have much to learn about mixing :D

Jarvisimon

Post by Jarvisimon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm

IG88 wrote: Mostly was posting to see if people dug it or not
Not really my cup of tea but that's probably because I couldn't hear what you were singing.

IG88 wrote:I do have much to learn about mixing :D
Yep, the guitar sounded fine, you just need to take some extra care over the rest of it.

vlantis

Post by vlantis » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 am

IG88, I left you a message over at the "other" forum, but thought I'd note the feedback you're getting in the gritty, mean streets of the Ableton forum. Yikes! :mrgreen:
All of my albums can be downloaded for free at:
http://www.vlantis.bandcamp.com
You can also visit me here:
http://soundcloud.com/vlantis

kanuto

Post by kanuto » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:36 pm

I agree about the mixing issue. It's difficult - even for me after 20 years of producing...

Be sure to have good speakers because mixing over headphones is almost impossible.

The track is okay and I like the mixture of acoustic guitars with electronic beats.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

crashofgods

Post by crashofgods » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:00 pm

I like the sound you're going for. And as far as the mixing goes, that's really a matter of personal preference, and while I would assume, as most of the people on here have, that you'd like the vocals to be higher in the mix, it's not necessary. There are plenty of artists out there that use vocals more as another instrument and not as a main focal point. You can't tell what the lyrics are? Well, that's why god invented lyrics sheets. But I digress, mixing's all about hacking away at stuff until you get it where YOU want it. Keep at it.

IG88

Post by IG88 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:35 pm

crashofgods wrote:I like the sound you're going for. And as far as the mixing goes, that's really a matter of personal preference, and while I would assume, as most of the people on here have, that you'd like the vocals to be higher in the mix, it's not necessary. There are plenty of artists out there that use vocals more as another instrument and not as a main focal point. You can't tell what the lyrics are? Well, that's why god invented lyrics sheets. But I digress, mixing's all about hacking away at stuff until you get it where YOU want it. Keep at it.

Thank you! That is exactly how i prefer to place my vocals in the mix, as just another instrument layer, as opposed to it being the main focus, like it is in most songs. Appreciate the feedback

IG88

Post by IG88 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I have been studying a lot about proper compression techniques and trying to improve my skills.