Preview track Psybient - Opinions Welcome

Share your tracks with other users.
sacredgeometry

Preview track Psybient - Opinions Welcome

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:39 pm

http://soundcloud.com/sacredgeometry/ki ... es-junkies

Its Rough and un-mastered so bare that in mind, opinions are very welcome...so is constructive criticism, if you dont like something please say why and what you would do otherwise it becomes something very hard to use.

Peace

Brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

tlennon

Re: Preview track Psybient - Opinions Welcome

Post by tlennon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 pm

First off Brian, you've been around forever and this seems like your first track posted. I've been following a lot of your post in the other parts of this forum (i.e. Tips&Tricks and General) for months and really think you have a good working knowledge of Live as well as other related topics. I appreciate your contribution.

This sounds pretty good for starter. Very well mixed and laid back. Can't wait to see how this developes. How is your APC40 working out? Thanks for sharing.
Terrence Lennon

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Thank you so much, I really wanted to become a ableton certified trainer so I've tried to learn as much as I could about it :S sadly I recently started uni and its distracting me from music :S

:) I have gigs with my own music lined up so this is just stuff i'm trying to develop for that hopefully that's the motivation not to just leave it unfinished like all my other tracks....

...The apc is a joy its one of the most brilliant investments i have ever made and defiantly next to my first guitar one of the ones that has most effected my music making for the better.

Seriously If you are an ableton user there is nothing else that comes close. I am thinking of expanding the pad section with a launchpad and using it for my fx dummy clips and maybe buying an akai pro keyboard because i love those smooth endless encoders so much.

Thank you again for your kind words i will check in often i would love to hear something you have made.
Last edited by sacredgeometry on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peace + Hugs

Brian

jonno128

Post by jonno128 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Reminds me of Shpongle, especially because of the complex, multi-layered melody. The bass line also reminds me of Shpongle. Really nice progression and build-up, makes me itching for whatever else is to come.

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:51 am

jonno128 wrote:Reminds me of Shpongle, especially because of the complex, multi-layered melody. The bass line also reminds me of Shpongle. Really nice progression and build-up, makes me itching for whatever else is to come.
thank you, Posford is one of my biggest influences, if only i knew more musicians these days :( i would love to have flute etc in my music.

:)i started it with the intention of using it for an Animation i will be making over the Christmas so when that is done ill post it here :) just wanted to find out if it was heading in the right direction.

Thank you again.
Peace + Hugs

Brian