Livetronica Youtube - Yes... 'that hippie shit'

Share your tracks with other users.
AceLuby

Livetronica Youtube - Yes... 'that hippie shit'

Post by AceLuby » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:29 pm

So I’ve added a drummer to what I was doing before and we recorded our last jam session and put it on youtube last night. It’s rough, but I think it’s pretty good for being our third practice. We’re playing a private party in March and will hopefully be playing out later in February. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t2LDvJA7qc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPa7Tm13G4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzuM-o7TtM
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

tlennon

Re: Livetronica Youtube - Yes... 'that hippie shit'

Post by tlennon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Imagine how good it would sound with more mikes and a mixing engineer. He keeps excellent timing and plays pretty well. Sounds like you guys are working hard to an end and looks like you're having a lot of fun. Keep at it and good luck with your upcoming events.
Terrence Lennon

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:49 pm

tlennon wrote:Imagine how good it would sound with more mikes and a mixing engineer. He keeps excellent timing and plays pretty well. Sounds like you guys are working hard to an end and looks like you're having a lot of fun. Keep at it and good luck with your upcoming events.
Thanks! This is also out of a crappy 50W drum amp.

I'm sending a REALLY loud click to his headphones, plus he keeps pretty good time w/ the music.

He's only been playing a year which is shocking to me. At first he was the one that was lacking, now his dedication has got me going to push myself even more.

Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Bright Morningstar

Post by Bright Morningstar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 am

was lovin it, thats like my dream to play with a drummer that has a clue...

you could definitely expand your sound later on with some minimal ambience/electronics in the background, but for just messin around i was feelin it fo sho.

check out the bands papadosio and the werks; same idea as to what you got, livetronica...

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Bright Morningstar wrote:was lovin it, thats like my dream to play with a drummer that has a clue...

you could definitely expand your sound later on with some minimal ambience/electronics in the background, but for just messin around i was feelin it fo sho.

check out the bands papadosio and the werks; same idea as to what you got, livetronica...
Thanks! I really think we've got something here. I'm also COMMITTED to getting better and so is the drummer. For our third jam and him only playing for a year, me only for 2-3 I think there is a lot of potential.

andrew_

Post by andrew_ » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:16 pm

Great groove! I barely noticed the electronics when you had all that funk happening with the guitar and kit...

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:47 pm

andrew_ wrote:Great groove! I barely noticed the electronics when you had all that funk happening with the guitar and kit...

Very cool! Thank you! We just pulled the trigger on a decent PA system and lights for an upcoming private party, we're pretty excited to get this thing going. Put up a myspace, reverb nation, and facebook page. We're ElectroVibe Orchestra.

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hell yeah! Just scored our first gig for TOMORROW NIGHT! No time to even get pre-gig jitters. I'm super stoked.