FINAL VERSION

Share your tracks with other users.
BassTracker

FINAL VERSION

Post by BassTracker » Mon May 10, 2010 11:12 pm

These songs will be on my album for next years tour,, I just need to make the CD better usuing this software,,1st song usuing Ableton all 4 songs came out pretty good, except I had a timing issue with the software, im still trying to figure this stuff out,,
Last edited by BassTracker on Tue May 11, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vitamin-e

Re: FINAL VERSION heading my CD,

Post by vitamin-e » Tue May 11, 2010 3:45 am

Before you read, bear in mind that this is all subjective - basically comparing your work against what I would like to hear, but normally my preferences are in line with whatever is playing on the radio.

Firstly, it's nice to see another Ableton user making contemporary rock music. While I mostly make Electronica, I love using Ableton for studio work with bands - it's just so much more flexible than pro-tools, logic, digital performer, et al. Check out my soundcloud to hear some of my work if you're interested, and rock on dude!

The song titled "Final Version" is pretty cool - I like the track musically; While it doesn't sound like Paramore, I could see this fitting well with a vocalist like Hayley Williams. I think if you could find a female vocalist to throw on it it would sound a lot better. The mix is very nonstandard - sounds as though the snare and a guitar are panned hard left.

"Finally There" has some major timing issues in the actual playing, but the concept of the song has promise. Most of these timing issues can probably be fixed inside of Ableton. The song lacks a real driving force behind it that is needed for any rock song. I think this is because the drums are so simple. You could also try adding some keyboards to fill the voids. A nice Organ synth during the choruses will put some interesting energy behind any contemporary rock song. Actually I think this song sounds great without vocals.

Practice Makes Perfect - Also lacks energy, I think because the drums are too simple. The guitar work you have already would make for a great basis for bigger and better things. I think you should add on to this with more "active" and agressive melodies and riffs.

Key of G - Drums are a bit overly simple, but by now I assume that's just your style. The guitar chords and riffs are pretty sweet - maybe use these in another song. Not sure what happened at ~1:25, but it sounds like everything drops out.

Overall I'd say that your mixing is alright for demo quality work, but the actual playing and song arrangements could use some tightening up. Your work does show promise though; so keep at it - it's only a matter of time before you get recognized.