Dubstep Inspired Electro House , lookin for feedback

Share your tracks with other users.
blue frog beats

Dubstep Inspired Electro House , lookin for feedback

Post by blue frog beats » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 am

new project i'm working on, would love to hear some feedback on what you guys think. Its a bit different from my other styles....

anyways check it out here:

http://soundcloud.com/coloration/beginners-palette

Listen to mine and i'll take the time to listen to urs!

thanks! lookin for feedback : )

jharling

Re: Dubstep Inspired Electro House , lookin for feedback

Post by jharling » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:11 am

Sounding good. The bass might be a little too loud or heavy in the intro maybe just tone it down a little. I like the melody though did u come up with it on your own? I swear ive heard that melody/progression before. Anyway its a good thing

:lol:
Jack

blue frog beats

Post by blue frog beats » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 am

hey jack thanks for the listen, hit me up on soundcloud or somethin so i can check out some of ur tracks in return.

Anyways yea i came up with all the melodies / sounds (besides the drum samples), but the synths and melodies are all mine. I appreciate that you liked it, i was goin for an in ur face intro with the bass like that but if you think i should turn it down a bit ill make sure to take your advice when i go back and work on it again.

Anyways yea mang hit me up so i can check out what you got goin on

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 am

Hey Mike, new soundcloud account eh? In your face is where it is bro. Very aggressive bassline. Although Jack makes a good point that it is a bit too far out in front of the mix. Sounds good though. I like it. You are really working hard on your stuff dude. Thanks!
Terrence Lennon

som

Post by som » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 am

Heavy stuff. I think it will be difficult to dance to this track, but I think you did not target that. You definitely found the right sounds for electro.
http://www.soundcloud.com/s_o_m

I have written a book (Sci-Fi Thriller, only German): https://der-kristall.de

ColorationLive

Post by ColorationLive » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:05 am

Haha yea new soundcloud account, new ableton account too! I have a slight attention disorder when it comes to these things, plus i find that trying to make songs under different personas expands my creativity :)

Thanks for checkin it out as always TL, as for the bass being too far out in front... i guess thats what i get for producing soley in my Sony XtraBass headphones (no speakers at the momemnt :(), but i definitely see what you guys are talkin about after listening to it again.

Anyways yea i am workin hard on it man, im just trying to get better...

To Som: Thanks for listening, i'm glad you like the sounds. Hopefully i can pump out some more that you'll like

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am

ColorationLive? Okay Mike.... now you're just trying to confuse us. :? :mrgreen:
...make songs under different personas expands my creativity ...
Hmmm. Novel idea! Sort of like an actor getting into character. Some of my clients come in with rock star sunglasses on even though it's the middle of the night. It does seem to help though.
Terrence Lennon

amigo

Post by amigo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 am

There are a lot of aggressive sounds in this track and I personally think it would be more suited to Dubstep or Breaks or maybe played at a faster bpm.
There is also very little higher frequency sounds audible which I think detracts from the overall sound.
Good effort though.

Thanks for sharing.

ColorationLive

Post by ColorationLive » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 am

haha yea, anything to spark the imagination.

amigo - i think your right. The next one is gonna be a bit faster than this one, hopefully it will pump a little better if you know what im sayin