Dubstep (no wobble)

Share your tracks with other users.
DaddyHam

Dubstep (no wobble)

Post by DaddyHam » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 pm

No wobble, I've been listening to a lot of Kode9 and Scuba, and while I've got nothing on them, I really love their producing styles.

Edit: sorry I posted before the link was even ready.

http://soundcloud.com/brassfist/brass-bump

DangerousDave

Re: Dubstep (no wobble)

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Stylistically, this track doesn't really have any of the traits of dubstep, which is not a bad thing, but something to consider. It honestly feels a bit more jazzy than anything. If you were aiming to go more in the direction of dub, now would be a good time to ask, but if not, no worries at all, just create what you want to! Genres aside, this track does not excite me that much, and maybe it is not supposed to. but I know Kode9 has some serious intensity in a lot of his tracks, and if that was your inspiration then you might want to take a look at WHAT makes his tracks that way. That being said, I think this track was pretty well put together in terms of arrangement, it is a tad repetitive but that would be an easy fix. I think as a nice grooving tune, this is pretty successful, so nice work. these are all just my opinions by the way, so feel free to ignore them 8)

cheers
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 am

A well produced song. It's very balanced and the sounds fit overall. But like DangerousDave it also does not really excite me, either. But then again: I like it raw and am not really a fan of Scuba (Kode9 is a bit more dirty I think). I listened to your other songs, and they are much more interesting to listen to. Maybe it's a bit too tame and clean now. Anyway, thanks for the share... Keep it up!
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

DaddyHam

Post by DaddyHam » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I couldn't really place this song, it wasn't two step or garage, and its a bit housy, but the snares are off and the bass line isn't exactly on tempo so I called it dubstep, but I know what you are saying. It wasn't really suppose to have much of a build, but really a more chilled feel so I'm happy with that aspect. I guess I'm growing tired of the wobble and more gritty stuff so I'm really just trying to find my own sound. To be completely honest, my main goal with the last few tracks have been production and arrangement so I'm glad that stood out. However, I'm getting the picture that I need to work a bit on energy, even if it suppose to be fairly chill so I'll take it to the workshop.