New Track, "A Summer Storm"

Share your tracks with other users.
T-Train

New Track, "A Summer Storm"

Post by T-Train » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:21 am

This ones a nice minimal-tech groove. I was thinking about adding more to it...not sure what...but I may not even.

Take a listen and tell your thoughts and all feedback is appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/t-train/a-summer-storm

amigo

Re: New Track, "A Summer Storm"

Post by amigo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 am

Firstly the oly things I don't like about the track. :)
The bpm is a bit too slow for my liking and when you slow it down further it kinds aggitates me.
Other than that I think it's a great track. The bassline is super and all of the spacey noises really work. Plenty of panning and you seem to have all of the frequency spectrum covered. :)
More variation in the spacey noises would be nice.

There was some parts of the tack where I would have liked have heard some sort of a vocal. A femal vocal singing in almost a whisper or just singing softly.

Thanks for sharing.

T-Train

Post by T-Train » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Yeah it is kinda slow, I was in kind of a slow mood when I was writing it so I wanted to keep it chillin.
And true if it were any slower it would be too drawn out.

I think I'm gonna have to start asking female friends to record some samples...I really dig the idea of having a female vocal singing very softly, almost a whisper like you said. I'm gonna have to take that advice.

Thanks for kind words man and of course thank you for taking the time to listen :D

GrooveNinja

Post by GrooveNinja » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Sounds good! I don't know what the other posters are talking about, when they say that it is slow. Nearly 2 bps is not slow! The only issue that I had with it was the arpeggiated synth that comes in at about 3:00. I thought that it was very out of place and out of character for the song, but then I didn't notice it by the end.

T-Train

Post by T-Train » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 am

Hmm...maybe I should think about bringing that synth back a little in the mix...so it kind of blends into the background, isn't so upfront but still adds some atmosphere. But then again you did say by the end you didn't notice it...so maybe it might be distracting at first but it evens out...I dunno. Either way I'm glad you enjoyed it dude. Thanks alot for listening, I really appreciate it!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 am

I dig this track a lot, nice work man. I agree that a vocal would go really well with this. Time to get your chops up to par! haha
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:59 am

Nothing to add but just wanted to say good job Tom.
Terrence Lennon

jonsloan

Post by jonsloan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 am

Had a listen and enjoyed it. Added some comments on your soundcloud account. Just a few thoughts. Cheers
http://soundcloud.com/block-punch

T-Train

Post by T-Train » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks Dave, tlennon and jon! I've been brainstorming on ideas for vocals in there...I've been having fun with the idea of having a chop and some lyrical stuff. Nothing too much though...just a couple lines here and there. Thanks a lot for listening guys and thanks for the comments!