Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Share your music productions here
Freedombeats
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am
Contact:

Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Freedombeats » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 am

http://soundcloud.com/freedombeats/ruptured-skys

One of my productions in Ableton 8

What do you think?
Freedom.

Bionecteur
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:16 am
Location: Berlin/Aachen

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Bionecteur » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:14 am

fantastic tune...wow...thanks for sharing.
ritsch, ratsch, klick

Freedombeats
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Freedombeats » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Bionecteur wrote:fantastic tune...wow...thanks for sharing.
Thanks, and no problem.

AceLuby
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Mpls, MN
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by AceLuby » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Nice tune, a little slow for my taste personally, but nice little downtempo song. Only thing I might change is the drums, they sound a little canned.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Freedombeats
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Freedombeats » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 pm

AceLuby wrote:Nice tune, a little slow for my taste personally, but nice little downtempo song. Only thing I might change is the drums, they sound a little canned.
Nice one. What do you mean by canned?

AceLuby
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: Mpls, MN
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by AceLuby » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Freedombeats wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Nice tune, a little slow for my taste personally, but nice little downtempo song. Only thing I might change is the drums, they sound a little canned.
Nice one. What do you mean by canned?
A little lifeless for me the first time through. I think it had more to do w/ the fact that the drums don't really change throughout the song. Maybe something different around the 3 minute mark would help?
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent


FORMAT
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by FORMAT » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:37 am

Good work; nice sparse minimal arrangement & groove.

Nephew
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 am

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Nephew » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Well done mate, just oozes emotion and character.

plantaginate
Posts: 420
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:08 am

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by plantaginate » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 pm

i quite like it,
agree a-bit with the non-changyness of it,
but i can see myself at a time with a few beers or whatever
and wouldnt care due to the lushness of that bass,
cheers,

Freedombeats
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am
Contact:

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Freedombeats » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:15 pm

AceLuby wrote:
Freedombeats wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Nice tune, a little slow for my taste personally, but nice little downtempo song. Only thing I might change is the drums, they sound a little canned.
Nice one. What do you mean by canned?
A little lifeless for me the first time through. I think it had more to do w/ the fact that the drums don't really change throughout the song. Maybe something different around the 3 minute mark would help?
Ah right I get you, but I actually spent a lot of time making them sound more realistic by not giving them a gridded sound. But I understand that the rhythm itself doesn't change to much. Thanks for the feedback man

docprosper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by docprosper » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:56 pm

really nice heavy bass sound, and thanks for the DL! This has a moody DJ Shadow-esqe sound to it; makes me want to curl up and watch "Dark Days" again. Props.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Beattender
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:16 am

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by Beattender » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Love it mate. Good work. The rest of your tracks kick arse too!

ChrisMack99
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by ChrisMack99 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Filthy!

I really like the vocals, and dark down tempo songs are my shit.

Good work man.

If I could make one suggestion I would say to have one section in this song where it picks up a bit and gets heavy and nasty...that's my personal taste though it might not be your thing.

housemunky
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Deep/Triphop/Dub tune

Post by housemunky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 am

Dark and dirty. And that vocal slices through the mix. Love it.
Last edited by housemunky on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply