Girlfriend Singing me playing and programming.

Share your tracks with other users.
mayabong

Girlfriend Singing me playing and programming.

Post by mayabong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Actually we just broke up, this was the first song we made on ableton and probably the last song we'll ever do together lol.

Enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/lil-poboy/lucid-dream

tlennon

Re: Girlfriend Singing me playing and programming.

Post by tlennon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi Maya. Either raise the volume of the vox or lower the music. Most times the vox are the most prominent part to a track. Nice song and very well arranged for a simple 1,4 progression. Don't worry about losing her, she is not that good of a singer. But I know it was nice to have a fem vox to mix with. :mrgreen: Thanks for the share.
Terrence Lennon

mayabong

Post by mayabong » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks so much for your brute honesty although i will not tell her you said that. Sometimes after listening to a song over and over again I don't know what sounds good anymore lol. Ear fatigue I guess.

Thanks again!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 pm

i agree with tlennon on all of it.

i like a lot of the elements and think they mix well together. its a busy track and sometimes thats bad, but it fits pretty well here. the vocals are the weakest link. i think is because of the volume that the vocals are at. they're fighting for space in the mix which could be making them sound strained... or maybe her notes sound off. still, don't stop doing what you did even if the two of you stopped.

i recently released myself from the people i was recording with... or maybe i should say - i was recording with me. its really cool to have folks to work with, but when you start to feel like they're sucking you dry on a musical level then its just bad mojo. seems to me like you've got skills. keep striving!!
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Pravda23

Post by Pravda23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 am

i just love the fact that this track shows some percussive aptitude, clearly original dude. have you heard of swedish band Little Dragon? if this was a better mix / master you'd be on my #1 playlist deffo
??? P?AVDA23 ???
Get remixed, Comrade.
http://www.pravda23.com

JoshR

Post by JoshR » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Since she's your ex I will say my true thoughts: I like everything but the vox. Good bass, beats, backing sfx. The natural sound of the acoustic solo plays well off the digital stuff. I like the double solo - from acoustic to electric.

polyslax

Post by polyslax » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Gotta go with the others here... cool track, but the singing isn't the strongest. Interesting style overall tho and the guitar is a nice addition.
Image Image

mayabong

Post by mayabong » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Thanks for the posts guys, well back to the drawing board. This was pretty much just playing around while I was learning ableton (and battery). We actually have other songs that people actually buy alot of from Itunes. Music is my passion and is not hers (more like just come in the room and sing something) I guess that is obvious. Glad its over and I can not feel guilty for collaborating with others.

Definitely looking to collaborate with some singers.

l-rs

Post by l-rs » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 pm

'collaborate' * makes airquotes *

Say no more 8)

I'd have agree on the volume levels, either raise the vocals or lower the instruments. All in all not a bad voice for this type of music, have heard worse - could do with some ' fattening up' perhaps (does my ass look big in this microphone? :twisted: ), by extra compression on the vocals or maybe even doubling by duplicating, transposing down and lowering the volume, thereby giving it a bit more body in conjunction with the original vocal track.
I've got some stuff here:
http://www.zuur.com/