Problems running Line 6 POD Farm as a VST plugin in Live

Share your tracks with other users.
mikimusic

Problems running Line 6 POD Farm as a VST plugin in Live

Post by mikimusic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello there. Is anyone able to help me solve the problem mentioned above?
I have my copy of Ableton Live Lite which came along with Line 6 POD Studio guitar interface. There was also a POD Farm amp and effects modelling software included which can run as a standalone application as well as a plugin. Everything is ok as far as using it alone but when I try to use it as a VST plugin in Live, there is no signal going through it at all.
I mean the POD Farm window opens under Live DAW but it doesn't even seem to receive any input from my guitar, whereas other similar plugin (Studio Devil guitar preamp) works just fine.
Anyone experienced this type of difficulties? Anyone managed to get over it?

mikimusic

Re: Problems running Line 6 POD Farm as a VST plugin in Live

Post by mikimusic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Hah!
don't know why, don't know how, but the problem just disappeared! It all works fine now (except for a slight latency when running a plugin mode of POD Farm, but it's all my computer hardware now).
So... nevermind my previous post, I guess. Cheers! ;)

zc

Post by zc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

How is that setup working out for you miki? I have been thinking about investing in POD Farm and some other Line 6 recording products. I currently use my Spider III pod out input, and record directly into Ableton via an audio interface and it sounds pretty good, but not as clean as a VST Plugin would.

cheers,

zc

mikimusic

Post by mikimusic » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi!
The POD Farm is really ok for home recording, and I guess with a little bit more sound engineering knowledge you could make it sound even better, like semi-pro recordings. The amp choice is so cool and all the effects and other possibilities like mic placement or room ambience (I mean "natural" reverb, not random noises and birds singing ;) ). For the price I recommend buying a Line 6 guitar interface so you get your decent USB hardware and POD Farm (2) software included.

As for the application itself, like I said it runs allright as a standalone program (in that mode you will record an already processed signal, like the way you do now with your Spider amp) but when running it as a plugin under Ableton Live there is some monitoring latency when playing/recording - I guess a little more (or a lot more maybe) RAM and some faster CPU would solve the case, but I'm stuck with my current laptop for now. But you can record a clean, unprocessed signal into your DAW and then post-process it with POD Farm plugin any way you want. So, all in all, it works well for the purposes of a non-professional or maybe even a semi-pro recording.

johnnyburke

Post by johnnyburke » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 pm

I too have had a similar problem with the Line 6 Pod Farm, have searched every forum possible, and still cant figure out why sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have a the Line 6 UX1 going direct into my laptop's USB port, with my MIDI controller-Korg Radias going into another while running Live Lite 8.2.7. I recorded a few tracks with the plugins working fine, i.e.,using distortion/delays/etc.

However, when I reopen the project later,more often than not, all the plugin sounds are bypassed. I always get a signal in Live, the plugins are recognized, can hear a clean guitar, but the plugin display input/output "meters" don't register. ?????????

Aira-ites

Post by Aira-ites » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:40 pm

I'm finding that a) I appear to have no signal going in or out from line 6 (standalone mode itself).

I have a guitar hooked into audio ch1 on my Roland Aira MX-1 mixer.

Mixer connected via USB to the desktop (Win 10 home), and both Ableton and my monitors ''hear'' the guitar.
Line 6 Pod Farm 2.65 appears not to hear it.

Also, I do not see any immediately obvious reference to L6 pod/farm that I'm aware of within Ableton audio pref's (incase of a needed proprietry driver that L6 may depend on), nor listed under vsts, 2, or 3.

In L6 itself, in hardware preferences i can choose ASIO or MX-1, although each time i choose either, then return to try somethibg else, it appears though it has possibly reset to the option box being empty. Or is that normal?
But nothing comes out. But hearing raw signal from guitar/mixer/ableton.
But so far L6 is being a 'no-show'.

What am I missing here?
The Line 6 pod farm manual just gives basic intro to it's bits and pieces at like an introductory pamphlet level, but isn't really telling me anything.
For e.g. When i look at table of contents, click audio settings on the contents list, it just has a few vahue paragraphs that lack anythjng with any solid substance for me. As mentioned, pamphlet level stuff. Vague, no meat.

So A) how to hear it working at all?
B) How do i tell it, mixer/sound card, or Ableton to do what it should all do?
Many thanks.