Maloku -Mystique

Share your tracks with other users.
Maloku

Maloku -Mystique

Post by Maloku » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 am

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/maloku/mystique

p.s. Follow me on soundcloud if you have an account and I will do the same :)

Cheers

seattletruth

Re: Maloku -Mystique

Post by seattletruth » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 am

My suggestion would be not to repeat a 4 beat loop for an entire song.

And maybe add some melody or chord progressions. And the drums sounded thin. And there was no bass.

zc

Post by zc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I think Mal was just tinkering with that loop. Think of it as a complete song with only the beat audible. I like the various changes to the beat. Its also cool how the singular beat structure has a double hit at the end of each bar. It makes the ears perk up like "is that right? is that in time?"

definitely the grounds for something big Mal.

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 pm

seattletruth wrote:My suggestion would be not to repeat a 4 beat loop for an entire song.

And maybe add some melody or chord progressions. And the drums sounded thin. And there was no bass.
There is a bass line in the song, but its very subsonic and low-end. It creates the entire groove in opinion. If your listening to it on laptop speakers for example, your not going to hear it. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 pm

zc wrote:I think Mal was just tinkering with that loop. Think of it as a complete song with only the beat audible. I like the various changes to the beat. Its also cool how the singular beat structure has a double hit at the end of each bar. It makes the ears perk up like "is that right? is that in time?"

Thanks for the kind words zc, you pretty much hit it on the head. Were you listening to it with a sub?

zc

Post by zc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Maloku wrote:
zc wrote:I think Mal was just tinkering with that loop. Think of it as a complete song with only the beat audible. I like the various changes to the beat. Its also cool how the singular beat structure has a double hit at the end of each bar. It makes the ears perk up like "is that right? is that in time?"

Thanks for the kind words zc, you pretty much hit it on the head. Were you listening to it with a sub?

I'm actually in an extremely loud laboratory with fans running all over the place. I have my iPod headphones on. I could hear a bit of the bass line though, and could feel where you were going with it. I'm going to listen to it in my studio later though because im interested in hearing the full spectrum of sound on that bass line. Again, its a great piece of work.

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:00 pm

zc wrote:
Maloku wrote:

I'm actually in an extremely loud laboratory with fans running all over the place. I have my iPod headphones on. I could hear a bit of the bass line though, and could feel where you were going with it. I'm going to listen to it in my studio later though because im interested in hearing the full spectrum of sound on that bass line. Again, its a great piece of work.
Awesome! Definitely let me know what you think about the bass line, I spent alot of time tweaking it with this particular track.

Thanks again for the support :)

zc

Post by zc » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Mal,

Listened to this last night in my studio on my dt-770s, and the bass line came out really clear. I loved the arrangement much more after hearing that portion more clearly. Well done. Can't wait to hear any additions you make here. Especially if you decide to push the envelope and add melodies, etc.

Again, well done.

zc

madlab

Post by madlab » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:19 pm

My suggestion would be to change your name : 'Mal au cul' means 'pain in the ass' in french...
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

madlab wrote:My suggestion would be to change your name : 'Mal au cul' means 'pain in the ass' in french...

Well my name is not Malaucul, its Maloku, and it's my last name (albanian), not some random thing i made up. Thanks for the suggestion though, i didn't know how to say ''pain in the ass'' in french until now.

djdalouda

Post by djdalouda » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

I like the direction your going here. Bassline was my favorite part. Keep it up!

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 am

djdalouda wrote:I like the direction your going here. Bassline was my favorite part. Keep it up!
Thanks man :)

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:02 am

zc wrote:Mal,

Listened to this last night in my studio on my dt-770s, and the bass line came out really clear. I loved the arrangement much more after hearing that portion more clearly. Well done. Can't wait to hear any additions you make here. Especially if you decide to push the envelope and add melodies, etc.

Again, well done.

zc
Just realized you commented again zc... Thanks again for taking time to listen, and I really appreciate the support =)

p.s. I use the dt-250s =D and let me know if you have a soundcloud, I would like to hear some of your stuff and keep in touch.

Cheers

zc

Post by zc » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Hey Mal!

Here is my only soundcloud post so far. Rock is my primary focus in music, but I have previous experience with drum n bass, trance, and trip hop. Thanks for taking the time to listen if you do.

http://soundcloud.com/thepurity/the-purity-b-side-girl

none of the instruments in this song were mic'd. everything was direct in to my AI, and into Ableton. :) The drums are my Roland TD-9 V-drums.

Maloku

Post by Maloku » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm

zc wrote:Hey Mal!

Here is my only soundcloud post so far. Rock is my primary focus in music, but I have previous experience with drum n bass, trance, and trip hop. Thanks for taking the time to listen if you do.

http://soundcloud.com/thepurity/the-purity-b-side-girl

none of the instruments in this song were mic'd. everything was direct in to my AI, and into Ableton. :) The drums are my Roland TD-9 V-drums.
The mix sounds great, I particular love how the vocals aren't 6db louder than everything else, which is what you hear a lot in pop/rock/alternative stuff. I like how the guitars gelled too, sounded like true stereo. I'm not really into this genre of music but it definitely sounds up to par with the rest of the stuff i hear. Great job zc!

p.s. I put my first mix of mystique up, not quite sure if its the final though. Let me know whatcha think :D