Wrestling Entrance Theme

Share your tracks with other users.
Cezband

Wrestling Entrance Theme

Post by Cezband » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 pm

I know a guy who's a wrestler (long story). We were joking around one day and he suggested I write an entrance theme for him and if it was big and stupid enough he might use it. So eventually I did, and used it as an experiment in rough-and-ready "mastering" at home as well. Feedback most welcome, in any context. Cheers!

Click play and pretend to be Hulk Hogan
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

82DMC12

Re: Wrestling Entrance Theme

Post by 82DMC12 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I like it! Definitely my kind of music, actually.

Where do you find drums like that? And on your industrial stepper track? I just got Live Intro and Reason. Between the two I can't find a single decent drum set that is aggressive enough for my tastes. Sorry if that's a really noob question.

Andy

Cezband wrote:I know a guy who's a wrestler (long story). We were joking around one day and he suggested I write an entrance theme for him and if it was big and stupid enough he might use it. So eventually I did, and used it as an experiment in rough-and-ready "mastering" at home as well. Feedback most welcome, in any context. Cheers!

Click play and pretend to be Hulk Hogan

Cezband

Re: Wrestling Entrance Theme

Post by Cezband » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks for listening, man - happy you enjoyed it!

The drums for that track are mostly the Cold Tight Drums that come with the boxed full version of Live (they're part of the Essential Instrument Collection). I've layered them up with an extra kick and snares though, they're from a drum n bass sample set that I got from a coverdisk of a magazine (pretty sure it was computer music). I think the drums on Industrial Stepper are mostly from a similar dubstep collection, but again I mix and match.

I keep an eye on the magazines and see what they're giving away on the front disks, I don't make drum n bass but the drum sounds the genre uses are usually really heavy and punchy so it's good for industrial sort of stuff. Of course then you need to add compression and do some layering, all that sort of stuff to get it as fat as possible. If you're having trouble finding aggressive drums, it's probably not a case of the samples you're using but more that you need to keep digging in and learning about how to make a normal drum sound more aggressive...it's a steep slope but it's satisfying! I know I've still got a ways to go too :mrgreen: But if you build up a nice sample library of aggressive hits to begin with, it's easier to find the punchy sounds to layer and eq to get things just how you want. Practice practice practice! :)
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)