Baloney Grease

Share your music productions here
filthy88

Baloney Grease

Post by filthy88 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:52 pm

This is the first track I've made on anything (other than guitar loops on Guitar Pro.) Thanks for any constructive tips and feedback. I can hear that the drums need to come down (I don't know any technical lingo) in the second bit but I am on to something else now so I'll let it be.

http://soundcloud.com/filthy88/baloney-grease

ansiaaa

Re: Baloney Grease

Post by ansiaaa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am

the basic idea for the mood of the song isn't bad, but the various instruments are completely out of tune with one another.
I'd suggest to study some basic music theory.

composition wise, you should try to make the first part and the second to flow into each other a bit better, like you did for the finale

filthy88

Post by filthy88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Yeah I guess I was going for dissonant and ended up with "completely out of tune"... Well now I can plan a strategy as to how I am going to fake being a musician to my family and friends without having to worry about whether or not I am good; rip offs and avoidance.

And I'll look into some basic 3rd grade recorder workbooks if I can find any still kicking around my house.

But more seriously, thank you for the restraint in your criticism.

ansiaaa

Post by ansiaaa » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't really get if you are sarcastic of what.

I didn't mean to bash you or be disrepectful, I was just trying to give you a couple of advices and criticism as you asked.
you didn't provide any explanation about your music nor about what you were aiming for.
if that was the result you wanted, good for you.

filthy88

Post by filthy88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:40 pm

"And I'll look into some basic 3rd grade recorder workbooks if I can find any still kicking around my house."
This was a joke aimed at myself, relax.

I was just aiming for not crappy, and then was joking around about the fact that I failed.

And out of tune is not the result I wanted, hah.

And again:
"But more seriously, thank you for the restraint in your criticism."*

*Not sarcastic