For Tea, Sympathy and a Sofa

Share your tracks with other users.
DangarStu

For Tea, Sympathy and a Sofa

Post by DangarStu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:50 am

Hi all

Having taking advantage of Ableton's recent 33% off deal I spent this weekend making my first song with Live: http://soundcloud.com/girt-1/for-tea-sy ... and-a-sofa

It is more a acoustic song than Live is normally used for I think, but I hope you like it. I haven't listened to it on speakers yet (need to buy some!) so the mix might be a bit wonky.

Stuart
Last edited by DangarStu on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Re: For Tea, Sympathy and a Sofa

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Mix isn't really all that bad. The kick could use a little more low end, maybe some sparkle on the guitars. Nice to hear something different here, thanks!

DangarStu

Post by DangarStu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Tarekith

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't done any EQ at all with the song, everything is au naturel. I'll have a go at trying to bring those tracks out as your suggest.

Thanks again,
Stuart

DuncanCox

Post by DuncanCox » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 am

Frankly speaking Song is not awesome but I like it. Its good.

DangarStu

Post by DangarStu » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 am

Hi Duncan, I think that is a fair assessment. My goal at the time was to just make something and get it out rather than waiting for something amazing as that day may never arrive. ;)

The trick now I guess to figure out what parts work and what parts don't work so the next one is better.

Stuart

DangarStu

Post by DangarStu » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:13 am

Well, I finally found a day to put a bit more work into this song. I didn't want to move on to the next one until I had had a go at following all the advice I had received for this one. Thank you to those who took the time to provide feedback, here is the new version: http://soundcloud.com/dangarstu/for-tea ... and-a-sofa

Stuart