First track after a long hiatus (techno/prog)

Share your tracks with other users.
Ed Lektron

First track after a long hiatus (techno/prog)

Post by Ed Lektron » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 pm

After many, many months of neglecting my studio I finally got my arse into gear and made this over the course of one weekend. It's definitely re-invigorated my love for production :)

http://soundcloud.com/esotera/a-point-to-make-v3

Would really appreciate any comments or feedback!
And if you have any questions about how any of it was made, feel free to ask (not that i'm a studio god or anything).

gjm

Re: First track after a long hiatus (techno/prog)

Post by gjm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 am

Hey... Good stuff. Didn't seem like a 10 min track at all ! Great that you found some mojo and have those creative juices flowing again. :)
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Ed Lektron

Post by Ed Lektron » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 pm

Cheers gjm :)

Yeah I usually get a bit stuck around the 6min mark and start to lose interest, but this one was at 10 mins before I knew it! Here's hoping it wasn't a fluke and I don't have to take another 5 month break before I can do it again hehe.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Good stuff man. A touch too long for me, but good sounds and structure. I thought the bassline was a little too 'loose' on the low end, but not a huge deal.

Ed Lektron

Post by Ed Lektron » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Cheers Tarekith!

I've always wrestled with making good basslines and this track was no different. I wanted a big, subby bassline but I do agree with you in that it sounds a bit 'flabby'. Do you have any tips or suggestions that might help tighten up this bass in particular (or in general for that matter)?

Thanks again for taking the time to listen to my track :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

Maybe drop it down a dB or two, and/or try EQing a bit to reduce a few dB's below 50Hz. the upper part of the bassline is fine, just a bit flabby down real low.