Could this track make a release on a label? Please reply!

Share your music productions here
PolarBearAssault

Could this track make a release on a label? Please reply!

Post by PolarBearAssault » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 am

Hey everyone,
I've been producing for several months now and I'm working on a track that for the first time I feel as though it could potentially be signed by a record label, but I know how easy it is to get locked into thinking like that without some outside feedback, so I would really love to hear some opinions. It's a progressive house/trance song and it's still a work in progress, but I'm really happy with how it's sounding so far:

http://soundcloud.com/alec-mcgovern/animal-rhythms

Also, if you do think it could make it to beatport, any suggestions of labels to try and contact?
I really appreciate your insights!!!
-Alec

Rave

Re: Could this track make a release on a label? Please reply!

Post by Rave » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 am

Track has potential. I could get it on beatport with a little work :)

PolarBearAssault

Post by PolarBearAssault » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. Are you part of a label?

Spazi

Post by Spazi » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:54 am

Aye track has potential, but the drops needs to be heavier and the drums have to make an impact after the build up. But the melodi is interesting and with
Punchier drums and more variations in the melodi towards the end, you will have a killer song. Keep practising and producing tunes you can't go wrong!
Dell XPS 8000
Macbook 2.4Ghz 4GB RAM
Ableton Live 8.2.7
Akai APC40
RME Fireface 400
Axe-FX II

http://soundcloud.com/mothmouthmusic

PolarBearAssault

Post by PolarBearAssault » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks a lot for the advice. Could you elaborate on your suggestion for the drums? I changed it so that the kick drum fades a little out of the low frequencies during the buildup so that it seems bigger when it all drops, which definitely makes it sound better in my opinion, but do you think it still needs something more?

Basically finished with the track now, but I'm gonna let it sit and listening to it for a few days to make sure I'm totally happy with it and to be sure it's mastered as best as my limited experience allows. I was thinking I would try sending it as a demo to some labels that seem to fit the genre, but I don't really know exactly because I've never done a song that I thought a label might be interested in... any tips?

PolarBearAssault

Post by PolarBearAssault » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:30 pm

here's the final track if anyone is interested:

http://soundcloud.com/alec-mcgovern/ani ... iginal-mix

JadedEvan

Post by JadedEvan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks for posting the final mix, it's helpful to see how other musicians progress and evolve their tracks. The "original mix" is definitely sounding better, I liked the changes you made to the dynamics of the whole track. Feels much more progressive.

That being said, I was still not fond of the synth drop happening at about 1:37. Felt too present in the mix and sounded like a cheesy preset. Fatten that thing up!

PolarBearAssault

Post by PolarBearAssault » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:24 am

JadedEvan wrote:Thanks for posting the final mix, it's helpful to see how other musicians progress and evolve their tracks. The "original mix" is definitely sounding better, I liked the changes you made to the dynamics of the whole track. Feels much more progressive.

That being said, I was still not fond of the synth drop happening at about 1:37. Felt too present in the mix and sounded like a cheesy preset. Fatten that thing up!
Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any more specific suggestion for the drop at 1:30? I listened to it again and I think I know what you mean, it could have a little more energy behind it but I'm not sure how to get more out of it.