All times are UTC

Post subject: Doppelgengar - Psychotronic Pokemusic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:58 pm 

Hey everyone,

I've been on the forum for a few years now, giving feedback, but mainly just picking up on all the great advice. Right now I could use some general feedback on these two tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/doppelgengar/haunter-used-mean-look/s-XzQU6

https://soundcloud.com/doppelgengar/caves-of-mercury/s-kMcqQ

The past two years I've spent learning how to make professional sounding productions with Ableton. Previously I was just an Audacity one-take musician. I know my music has evolved, but I'm more concerned about the production value of my work, and if it seems cohesive with the timbres to you. I'm not nearly objective enough to judge this anymore. The first song feels complete. The second, not so much.

Anyway, any feedback would help. I know I've paid forward a lot of feedback on this forum in the past, and it would be cool to have the relationship be mutual! Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: Doppelgengar - Psychotronic Pokemusic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am 

If you want my honest feedback then I will give it to you.

The mastering sounded good, but I didn't compare it against the professionally mastered music that you hear on the radio, so I don't know for sure. The first track is definately more of a candidate than the second one, but is it kinda weird that your number one album contender goes for 0:53? And is it just me or is it about pokemon?? I think it is.

Number 2 was good, but I found it quite repetitive and not much happened, but that's just me. They're both good, but both have a lot of room for growth and improvement.

Don't think I'm lashing out at you and your music, because I'm not. I am giving you constructive critism. Just keep working on your music and it will get better and better!