New house track - My Life.

Share your tracks with other users.
robleighton22

New house track - My Life.

Post by robleighton22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi,

Got a new track i have almost done today - just want to see what ppl think.

https://soundcloud.com/user4755124/my-life

Cheers.

infinitesinewave

Re: New house track - My Life.

Post by infinitesinewave » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:46 pm

It's good. I would make some harder hitting drums. The kick is a bit low in the mix and it's the most important element of dance music. It should also pop more. Apart from that, great track.

Hit me back and let me know what you think of my live performance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCU7svjXg4

Post by 102455 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 pm

infinitesinewave wrote:I would make some harder hitting drums. The kick is a bit low in the mix
You're kidding, right? What are you listening on?

When I listened, my first impression was that the kick was way too fat and bassy - and this is on tiny little computer speakers.

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 pm

When I first posted the reply I just heard them on my AKG K701 Headphones. Top of the line AKGs.

After your reply, I went back and heard it again on my monitors (loud). I have a pair of Event 20/20 biamplified monitors.

I think the kick sounds a bit soft.

It should be tighter for my taste... but each to his own.

Chill song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCU7svjXg4

robleighton22

Post by robleighton22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

thank you both for listening - 2 slightly different opinons...although clearly the issue is the kick. personally i don't mind it, but i am not great at mixing (slightly deaf in one ear, which doesn't help). had a play last night trying to tweak things last night, but i was a little battered and scared to re-open the track to see what damage i have caused, hehe.

basically all the drums in this were made on my vermona perfourmer...want to keep all drums in tune and from the same instrument. Was happy with the clap/snare (first attempt at making a clap from my vermona), but probably agree with the 2nd opinion that kick is a little too bassy, so may play with making a new one.

On the other hand, just bidding on a jomox airbase so i don't have to faff about making drums sound phat as they will sound phat out of the box....so if i get it then will prob redo some of the drums using that. (a lazy route indeed). not that the vermona can't sound phat, but it's not designed really to make drums out of.

apart from the kick, how is the structure and general sound? any other comments (i really appreciate honest feedback btw, that is exactly why i use a forum like this before playing a track to mates).

Post by 102455 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

What monitors are you using?

EDIT: I just skipped through some of your other tracks (bit of a chocolate theme going on there!) and I think the bass drum you used on
Bounty would be a better choice.