Mixed and mastered in ableton.... How'd I do?

Share your tracks with other users.
Jamoflage

Mixed and mastered in ableton.... How'd I do?

Post by Jamoflage » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:55 pm

http://soundcloud.com/byzantine-time-ma ... me-machine

mastered with isotope ozone...

Cheers!

Tarekith

Re: Mixed and mastered in ableton.... How'd I do?

Post by Tarekith » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:52 pm

A touch bright, but otherwise sounds pretty good!

Jamoflage

Post by Jamoflage » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Tarekith wrote:A touch bright, but otherwise sounds pretty good!
Thanks Tarekith, you rock! I have been checking out all your guides to mixing and mastering over the last few years.

Doksan

Post by Doksan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 pm

I actually download this beauty music, transferred to my phone listen to it many times. However i think it's little bit long :) You need other partition/s or different color on drums or cut it down. You want to listen, but later start to don't want to listen. You put that drums for 8 minutes for just little differentiation, variation. I remember Hollywood guys make movies based on humans 9 seconds attention facts. Other word, they know you will start loose interest after 9 seconds.

My English

Jamoflage

Post by Jamoflage » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:21 pm

Doksan wrote:I actually download this beauty music, transferred to my phone listen to it many times. However i think it's little bit long :) You need other partition/s or different color on drums or cut it down. You want to listen, but later start to don't want to listen. You put that drums for 8 minutes for just little differentiation, variation. I remember Hollywood guys make movies based on humans 9 seconds attention facts. Other word, they know you will start loose interest after 9 seconds.

My English
You are so right!!! I agree about the length, HA! I was too attached to some of the parts to cut them out... Im glad you like it though, and thanks for the suggestions of switching up the drums! I did try to switch up the sound on our latest release, "Talk" let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/byzantine-time-machine/talk

Doksan

Post by Doksan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Yes brilliant. I like your style and i like to call you and i are bass mates. I definitely loved your bass and his brass friends, they are so cool. That synth bass you use i would say it's Rapture, is it? The company of brass is high quality job, are you the one who arrange them or one of your band member take that?

By the way, the 2 songs, instruments are identical especially bass and drums. Is it because album songs or you like the use those drum sets and the bass?

Post by 102455 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Oh no!

That bass line has set my mind racing, trying to think of where I've heard it (or one very similar) before.

I'm thinking it's a dubby downtempo chillout/trip-hop type of track with a deep reggae style bass. AARRGGHH! What is it? :evil:

Got it! Chemical Brothers - One Too Many Mornings. Phew!

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:02 am

#reminder for later

Jamoflage

Post by Jamoflage » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Doksan wrote:Yes brilliant. I like your style and i like to call you and i are bass mates. I definitely loved your bass and his brass friends, they are so cool. That synth bass you use i would say it's Rapture, is it? The company of brass is high quality job, are you the one who arrange them or one of your band member take that?

By the way, the 2 songs, instruments are identical especially bass and drums. Is it because album songs or you like the use those drum sets and the bass?
Thanks Doksan, the bass is an instrument rack with an Analog providing the rezzy cutoff swept sound and an Operator providing the sub with a sine wave. I'd like to hear some of your basslines, and bass sounds.
I did all the brass arrangements but Im lucky to have a trombone and trumpet player living above me...
All my drums sound similar because they are from a weird percussion kit that I play live:
http://youtu.be/Us-lFkH0zHY
A lot of the other sounds are similar across different songs because over time I have found my favorite ways to modulate the instruments, clarinet, Greek dulcimer, and put them into a single production template. Heres a little live performance test video of me and my wife and our laptop
http://youtu.be/2EXfQ6_6q7g
102455 wrote:Oh no!

That bass line has set my mind racing, trying to think of where I've heard it (or one very similar) before.

I'm thinking it's a dubby downtempo chillout/trip-hop type of track with a deep reggae style bass. AARRGGHH! What is it? :evil:

Got it! Chemical Brothers - One Too Many Mornings. Phew!
Yeah, its kind of a standard dub style bassline.. but wow, I love the production on that Chemical Brothers track!