New Video - Karass (Live band with Ableton)

Share your tracks with other users.
booksofbokonon

New Video - Karass (Live band with Ableton)

Post by booksofbokonon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVtq7k6TNHw

My band, Karass http://karass.bandcamp.com/ is releasing a new tape and the youtube link above is the first single from the release. We use Ableton Live as the central hub of the band automating instruments and effects, syncing Elektron synth/drum machines, sending a click to our drummer, and controlling dmx lights through max4live patches. Our workflow centers around my Live set and it allows us to do more with less gear and headache.

All the visuals were created using moded/circuit bent machines by Big Pauper (BPMC). Machines used were: VCR into a Fritz Telegraph Mini into a moded Panasonic Wj-ave3 (Non touch).

This song is on our new EP "Order of Operations" on Tape Deck Records. The album features Louisville Kentucky vocalists Cher Von, Danica Ransom, Cheyenne Mize, Touch AC, and Amber Thieneman. Available August 19TH 2014

For any fellow gear nerds out there that are curious:
I (Chris) use Live 9 suite, plenty of max4live patches (including several I've built from scratch), Reaktor 5 (gaugear, prism, monark), el-cheapo guitars, ns electric cello, engl powerball amp, quneo, nanokontrol, nanokeys (for changing the focus of macros), duet 2, mbpro15, an old emu xboard-49. All of my guitar effects are from ableton and I route through my amps send/return. My computer, soundcard, midi controllers, and all the cabling lives inside a modified bass guitar case.
Josh (bassist) uses an maudio axiom. Before this new album he ran ableton for synths. Now he uses a long usb cable to my computer and plays synth through my rig.
Dennis (guitar and synth) is the gear junkie in the band. He plays a moog guitar through the strymon timeline, big sky, and mobius (as well as a few other pedals) into a traynor amp. His live synth setup is now exclusively Elektron. He has (or has had) every one of their products but with us he uses the analog four and the octatrack. Dennis often samples sounds to the octatrack from his ever-growing modular setup. His adventures in noise can be found: https://www.youtube.com/user/Introvertmusic

trinxat

Re: New Video - Karass (Live band with Ableton)

Post by trinxat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi booksofbokonon,
nice work and beautiful setup! I think I hear a kind of BufferShuffler loop at the start XD
Cheers!
Part of Amatori.
Our second release - Recel - is available on Cassette.
amatori.bandcamp.com

booksofbokonon

Post by booksofbokonon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey Trinxat!

Thanks for the kind words!

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Really like the delusion track! :D
MacBook Pro i7 16gb RAM, OSX 10.11.2, Live 9.7

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Instagram

booksofbokonon

Post by booksofbokonon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:03 am

Thanks serge_a_storms!