I am Alice - Insects [Experimental pop]

Share your tracks with other users.
I am alice

I am Alice - Insects [Experimental pop]

Post by I am alice » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi I'm Alice,

I use Ableton Push to play my music live and Ableton Live and Logic Pro to produce the tracks. This is one of the tracks I perform called Insects - I used field recordings of insects and ambient environments to add texture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCpin_ ... e=youtu.be

Thanks for having a listen! If any of you play your music live in London please get in touch - it would be great to organise some gigs with other electronic acts.

sana48

Re: I am Alice - Insects [Experimental pop]

Post by sana48 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Excellent work, I love the field recordings- along with everything else.

Initial impressions: I love the stereo width/field bouncing around so playfully. Listened with HS8's. Very organic sounding, I may have eq'd your main vox a little differently and removed some of the lower frequencies and some very narrow mid frequencies; but that is my personal preference, ultimately this is your art.

Maybe some more reverb on the vox...

but i am nobody

It's beautiful, the vox harmonies are golden.

deeply impressed, the groove is fun, catchy. I feel like I am in a rural fairy forest- well done

I am alice

Post by I am alice » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:52 am

Thank you Sana48 your advice is really helpful - I wasn't very happy with my vocal recording - I recorded it in my bedroom so the original quality is not great but I think you're correct that some more careful EQing and reverb could have helped with this. Next time I'll try and record the vocals in a studio. I appreciate your kind critique!

Alice

sana48

Post by sana48 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:23 pm

You would be surprised what is possible with e-quing/compression etc in the post-recording vocal-processing stage. Your voice is beautiful, with some software practice (and lite microphone isolation) you could avoid a pro studio all together:)

I isolate my microphone in a milk crate padded with sound foam :)

Sure, it won't replace the talent/gear of a pro studio but it is an option that works.

All the best Alice.

smashdownbabylon

Post by smashdownbabylon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:16 am

Really cool, much dig! A little repetitive in the beginning but the "u can remain as you seem" part is a nice lift.
SoundCloud.com/smashdownbabylon