Progressive house

Share your tracks with other users.
accessrequired

Progressive house

Post by accessrequired » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:42 am

Hi! I've been making music for a while, but now I'm trying to get more popularity. Please check out my latest progressive house track if that's what you're into! I like a lot of big synths and driving progressions. Thanks for checking me out! My soundcloud name is different than on here btw (Birthday In London) Link below!

https://soundcloud.com/user-509092905/848-remastered
Alienware 15 VR2, Live 9.7, Akai MPK249 controller, Roland JDXI Hybrid synth, scarlett interface, JBL monitors, line 6 and behringer amps, 4+ guitars.

Re: Progressive house

Post by 102455 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 am

My first impressions:

Didn't like the kick drum sound at the start. Too clicky.
Didn't like the clap sound - ditto.
Didn't like just the kick and clap. I think you should've used a hi-hat (etc) on 16ths or at least 8th notes.
Kick, clap, kick, clap, kick, clap......drags on a bit with nothing else happening.
Synths come in. Sounds like a trance track to me.

Then the kick and clap drop out and you have just synths for a whole minute. AARRGGHH! Far too long IMO.

In other words, I didn't like it :-)

All that loud sustained pad stuff. Too long and too loud IMO.

And where are the other percussive elements? Did you really just use a kick and clap all the way through, or is the other stuff hidden under the loud sustained pad?

I thought maybe it's just that I don't like progressive house, so I went and listened to some on Beatport. No, it's not that.

[later] went back and listened to some of your other tracks - and I see it's not an isolated incident! That seems to be your M.O.

I did like the track Whatever though. :lol:

dhpetrescu

Post by dhpetrescu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 pm

That was a bit of a harsh review. I did like the synth sound what did you use to make that synth?

Post by 102455 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Just being honest...

It wasn't what I was expecting from his description.

accessrequired

Post by accessrequired » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:39 am

102455 wrote:My first impressions:

Didn't like the kick drum sound at the start. Too clicky.
Didn't like the clap sound - ditto.
Didn't like just the kick and clap. I think you should've used a hi-hat (etc) on 16ths or at least 8th notes.
Kick, clap, kick, clap, kick, clap......drags on a bit with nothing else happening.
Synths come in. Sounds like a trance track to me.

Then the kick and clap drop out and you have just synths for a whole minute. AARRGGHH! Far too long IMO.

In other words, I didn't like it :-)

All that loud sustained pad stuff. Too long and too loud IMO.

And where are the other percussive elements? Did you really just use a kick and clap all the way through, or is the other stuff hidden under the loud sustained pad?

I thought maybe it's just that I don't like progressive house, so I went and listened to some on Beatport. No, it's not that.

[later] went back and listened to some of your other tracks - and I see it's not an isolated incident! That seems to be your M.O.

I did like the track Whatever though. :lol:

Thanks for your input. No harm no foul lol. I'll use your input to keep improving!
Alienware 15 VR2, Live 9.7, Akai MPK249 controller, Roland JDXI Hybrid synth, scarlett interface, JBL monitors, line 6 and behringer amps, 4+ guitars.

accessrequired

Post by accessrequired » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:40 am

dhpetrescu wrote:That was a bit of a harsh review. I did like the synth sound what did you use to make that synth?
A couple different patches I made on Serum with some added effects.