Electronic western -- feedback appreciated

Share your tracks with other users.
laurenhope

Electronic western -- feedback appreciated

Post by laurenhope » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Hey! I'm revisiting a demo that I left earlier this year and I would appreciate any feedback about any aspect of it -- production, structure, etc. I know "electronic western" isn't the most helpful genre designation, but I'm honestly not really sure what else to call it. I apologize for how quiet the mix is! Thanks for checking it out.
https://soundcloud.com/lauren-hope-7/hondo-blues-demo

nathannn

Re: Electronic western -- feedback appreciated

Post by nathannn » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:13 am

Hi Lauren,

It sounds like the track is clipping. Do you have a limiter on the master track?

The vocals are also a little out of tune, this often happens if you are monitoring through software because of latency. Even the best vocalist will sound out of tune if there is latency issues when recording. Just a few ms delay will throw everyone off.

Overall I think the song is good and the demo has potential. Re-recording the vocals with software monitoring off, using a limiter on the master and "riding the vocal manually or with automation would give the track a nice professional quality. I would be willing to help you with the track for free.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.