mix to clean or improve...

Share your tracks with other users.
Bombastic

mix to clean or improve...

Post by Bombastic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 pm

if you read through my posts you will tell I'm pretty useless at mixing - I write and produce a lot of songs though - this is my latest, anyone want to have a go to mix it or clean it up??
https://soundcloud.com/slumberlords/bra ... r-the-apes

2aza

Re: mix to clean or improve...

Post by 2aza » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 pm

This isn't actually too bad, you just need to adjust a few levels. The vocals unfortunately, would have to be redone. Spend a good day or two working on them. Even if you have to record it word for word, it's that important to get your vocals right.

A good recording is very important for vocals. EQ, Compression, and a touch of reverb or delay for stereo space, to make the vocals sound like they belong in the field will be a lot easier with a good recording performance.

The whole beginning of the track minus the vocals sounds near perfect, mix-wise, then you have a bass synth sort of thing come in, and most of what you'd need to do is turn it down. Make sure everything sits right in the mix.

Bombastic

Post by Bombastic » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 am

I usually record my own vocals as reference and get another singer - beleive it or not I record them with a USB headset from work. Im thinking of keeping my vocals because i think they actually sound good :) anyway, I thought about what you suggested (re-doing all the vocals again with a better mike) I was trying to avoid it as I know there are tools out there that can clean up the vocals magically :)... but actually hearing it again, a lot of work is needed still.. thanks for your advice.

2aza

Post by 2aza » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:42 am

You're welcome man, God Bless. :)