Big-Ups! — A dense & dynamic mix

Share your tracks with other users.
xXUKCXx

Big-Ups! — A dense & dynamic mix

Post by xXUKCXx » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:46 am

This one's been kicking around for a while now, I think I started it a few years back. I've applied some new mixing techniques, and the vocals were tracked through some nice gear I gained access to (Daking pre, and AT4050 mic).

I am pretty into the mix! I think it balances nicely, especially in the end when all the elements are competing for space. I'm a little concerned that the vocal is over-dominant in the earlier parts of the song, and maybe some of the instrumentation is mixed in too subtle for max effectiveness. Thoughts? :)

https://soundcloud.com/xxukcxx/45-master/s-Hk0Do

dragonboyjig

Re: Big-Ups! — A dense & dynamic mix

Post by dragonboyjig » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:33 am

i think the mix is pretty solid, the vocals sound fine to me in terms of volume as well. my only criticism is that i'm not a big fan of the actual singing, there are some parts where the voice and pronunciations sound weird to me. also the melody is definitely dense for most of the track but not always in a good way, which makes it hard at times to decipher what the core of the song is. like i said though, the mix is pretty solid, and i actually listened to your other track "sketch #4", which i really loved - the production on it was super awesome. keep it up man, good stuff!

i'd appreciate it if you could return some honest feedback here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=230277

xXUKCXx

Re: Big-Ups! — A dense & dynamic mix

Post by xXUKCXx » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 am

Thanks for the feedback! Your tune is good, I left a comment on your original post.