recent pieces with phone footage and cameras

Share your tracks with other users.
slatepipe

recent pieces with phone footage and cameras

Post by slatepipe » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:55 pm

the tut tut story : https://vimeo.com/620865640
i love them all the time : https://vimeo.com/597378558

i been working on these two recently and finished the second the other week. made short films for them by trawling back through the years of footage on my hard drive of loads of old mobile phone clips, i quite like the way they turn out when you blow it up to HD and adjust it a bit.
some of the footage is from a no name brand plastic video camera i picked up at a car boot sale for a quid. i think it's my favourite camera at the moment. it runs on 3 triple A batteries
some of the footage is from my regular mobile but i degraded it a bit in PremierPro

all music and sounds recorded in Ableton Live, as you'd expect :wink:

vocal contributions provided by a friend i've made online but have yet to meet. i gave her some words to narrate in whatever way she felt and she sent me back the sound file.

feel free to share around if you like them

thanks
Last edited by slatepipe on Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sublimelobc

Re: two recent pieces with old phone footage and cameras

Post by sublimelobc » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:52 am

It took a bit to get what you were doing starting out in Tut Tut but then it kind of gives of a Paul's Boutique vibe after you listen for a bit. Not to say I think it's as good as Paul's Boutique, but it flows in the style...I think you could make a shorter version that might keep things fresh a bit more, but nice job on the flow of the tune.

Your other track didn't keep me as strong as the first one. I hear the familiar sound in your style. I can tell we create things in much different ways, but one thing I really like is how loosely your stuff flows, I do much more rigid electronic stuff but listening to how you did things make me want to try any explore more outside the bounds of how I usually do things to lose some of the programmed feel.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:47 am

8O thanks. :) - Paul's Boutique? I'm humbled. I wouldn't have guessed someone would think my stuff sounds like that thing of beauty, Thank you. I've actually sampled some drums from Licensed to Ill before on previous stuff- but they were already sampled from Led Zep in the first place.

My stuff in the past has been compared to artists like Nurse With Wound, Black to Comm, Coil, Third Eye Foundation, stuff like that. I'm going to go back and do some Paul's Boutique listening now. Cheers

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 am

so instead of starting a new thread i thought i might as well post a new piece here :

the slate pipe banjo draggers - gradual lifting

https://vimeo.com/648328936

made mostly from phone apps except for extra one stringed bass and trombone. vocals added from recorded skype conversation. film footage added from both skype conversation and phone footage, dirtied up to resemble super 8

took a few months to do it but i quite like how it turned out

thanks