even newer. shit from May08. old ones still up too.

Share your tracks with other users.
leisuremuffin

even newer. shit from May08. old ones still up too.

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:42 pm

new---> added dj mix from 5/30/08.

2 hour dj/live hybrid mix at bunker 5/30/08

http://leisuremuffin.com/music/MAY2008BUNKER.mp3

improved version of dj set from bunker, as played at 3rd ward bk sometime in july07:

http://leisuremuffin.com/music/777dj.mp3

sloppy live set from sometime july07:
(including strunk getting the meepyfloop beatles bootleg treatment)

http://www.leisuremuffin.com/music/LMlive072107.mp3

DJ set from bunker at tonic. 3/30/07

Doesn't sound as great as a render as it did in the room. I was using the compressor/limiter that was in front of the sound system, so sometimes it sounds like i'm fiddling too much, in the room it was making really nice soft changes (like clouds covering and uncovering the moon) because i was blowing up the compressor.

anyway, it's a pretty amazing epic meepyfloop set. enjoy.

Blackfrog

this one, like airy, is closer to what i'm really all about than the attempts at dance music.

spectralrodent

Airy

here's bama . It's pretty sparse techno. also a work in progress.

here's strunk.
mix is pretty awful right now, but you get the idea i think.

.lm.
Last edited by leisuremuffin on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

forge

Post by forge » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:19 pm

HEY LM!

like both of these muchly!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:15 pm

Cool, thanks!

Yeah, i'm trying to make my stuff more danceable. It hasn't been easy. I've been doing free-improv psyche stuff for so long my arrangement muscles are barely existant.

Since you listened, got any suggestions on how i can finish these? I'd love the input.

.lm.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:38 pm

added a new track.

.lm.

forge

Post by forge » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:13 am

good

the new one has that big house sound I could imagine it doing well

dancing Ray

Re: New! techno with real drum kit. and old---> Airy and B

Post by dancing Ray » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 am

leisuremuffin wrote: the drum solo in the middle will probably have to go, unfortunatly.
Why that?
Do you have a multitrack recording of it, or at least the drums seperated.
If so assign some knobs to some parameters and have fun.
It´d be a pity...

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:05 am

yeah, i have a multi track of it. But unfortunately not edited. I printed the 8 tracks to stereo before i cut em up. I wish i had used nicer pres when i recorded to tape. I was using the pres on an ssl9000, im not the biggest fan of em.

but anyway not a bad idea...

I'm having a hard time gettin the drum parts to fit contextually with the electronic stuff, maybe dubbing it out would help.

.lm.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:46 pm

spectralrodent - keep the drum solo, because it doesn't fit with the electronica, it makes for a nice break, some organics thrown in. It works. I dig the electro synth lines too. Sounds bitchin man, maybe just add some post production FX to make it shine, but good choon mon!

Air - another cool track. Very moody, nice buildup the pause at the break at 2:24 is REALLY effective. Groovy track, very relaxing.

bama - whoa, crazy use of the vox, I like!! The raspy bass sounds out of place until later in the song where another synth balances it out.

Good shit muffin!!! These songs are more complete than you realise :D

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:04 pm

hey, thanks man!

.lm.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm

leisuremuffin,

good production, need to thicken some of the stuff out a bit more and tighten the arrangements just a tiny bit and add some audio cues.

the first track, the dirty bassline needs to be explored some more.. the drums dont work and wont work unless you do some mashy stuff ala the middle bit of Mylo's No More Conversations remix.

get the dirty bassline and layer another sound of the same riff over the bass towards the end.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:14 pm

What do you mean by audio cues? Y'mean like little drops over section changes perhaps?

Not familiar with the Mylo track. I don't really know dance music very well. But yes, i am totally aware that the drums don't work. I'll try to find that track so i can get an idea of what you are suggesting.

agreed about the need to thicken and layer stuff. I'm being a little precious about the mixing side of things because i currently have no monitors. (haven't since october) And unfortunately i'm broke too. All of those tracks were written and mixed on heeadphones. It's a fucking drag man. A complete fucking drag.

Anyway, thanks for listening, i love getting feedback.

.muffin.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:22 pm

since i've got a little attention at the moment, i put up another new track. read the first post for details.

.lm.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:06 am

Well, it's amazing what you can find when you pull a vanity google.

http://www.myspace.com/tastycyanide

"afternoon at sourland mountain" is an oldie but a goodie. Lot's of guitar tapping (like lots of other kids, i wanted to be eddie van halen once) and gobs of accordion. See, i'm almost a "real" musician! Y'know, that plays "real" instruments!

I didn't think this 7" was ever gonna happen. But it looks like it might still.

And hey, you don't need to buy it, you can hear the track on myspace.

.lm.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:45 am

leisuremuffin wrote:
agreed about the need to thicken and layer stuff. I'm being a little precious about the mixing side of things because i currently have no monitors. (haven't since october) And unfortunately i'm broke too. All of those tracks were written and mixed on heeadphones. It's a fucking drag man. A complete fucking drag.

.muffin.
one way around that is to make sure you listen on as many diff. things as possible - in the car, through the TV - on the crappiest radio - wherever you can - obviously it's alot more long winded but you might be surprised how well you can do in that situation - and comparing to other CDS on the same thing

all this is probably obvious it's just what I thought when I read you're only on headphones and really in the times I've been headphone bound and without decent mons I found it useful

gort

Post by gort » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm

the mixes here sound great to me. that was the first thing i noticed.. then i noticed that i liked the sounds. good stuff here muffin man.

how do you go about getting such a full sound out of an mp3 mixing with just headphones? my mixes still usually seem a little flat or narrow. maybe the "strunk" tune (in it's current state) is what i mean. it's a bit "narrow" in sound. im really only beginning to learn how to spread the sound out better and get that thick sound.
hi-q hits and handclaps not holywars and hand grenades