new tracks up - drumnbass

Share your tracks with other users.
somejerk

new tracks up - drumnbass

Post by somejerk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 pm

hey all, i've got a few newer tracks up here:

http://www.myspace.com/somejerk

they're jungle/drumnbass-ish and were all made using live, with a little post- prod. compression and eq via Cool Edit Pro 2.

constructive feedback would be great! the newer songs are "phased out" and "contraindication".

thanks!
somejerk.net / floridadnb.com

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:51 pm

phased out
Dont know if its myspace player , but the high end is real harsh.
The drum loop itself got quite annoying, dont think it was the pattern it was the noises i guess, i d maybe try and soften them or drop the levels - the whole track as a whole was quite samey - and i was really struggling to hear any bass at all! ( but my work headphones are pretty poor)... sorry its all so negative!

even

Post by even » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:58 pm

i like how the drums roll, but jeskola is right, the high end is rather harsh and i can't hear any bass either.

the track is pretty mediocre and monotonous

somejerk

Post by somejerk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:29 pm

thanks for the feedback.

regarding the bass, i am still getting used to my monitors (maudio bx8as) and their reflection of bass. sometimes the bass sounds right on the monitors and then when played in speakers in my car or at work, is too much. sometimes, in this case apparently, there's not enough.

in terms of the repetitiveness of the loop, this track is really only a day or two old. i was hoping for feedback of this nature, so this worked out well.

regarding the highs being too high, once again, still getting used to my monitors. usually i don't have enough mids or highs, but apparently in this case there was way too much of the high range.

regarding it being monotonous, it may be. it's still in the first few days of production.

thanks for the feedback! if you all have any ideas of how to get a better mixdown with live, let me know. i am struggling to get things to sound how i want to outside of my home studio.
somejerk.net / floridadnb.com