electro

Share your tracks with other users.
Affiliation

electro

Post by Affiliation » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:49 pm

The pads are from a few years ago when I recorded some tr-909 toms through an alesis nanoverb and a sony reel2reel. This is also the first time I use artificial noise to make it sound like vinyl; I never liked the idea but you gotta try it at least once I think. any comments welcome. lenght is 7:35 and the links is:

http://www.affiliationsound.com/Affilia ... ecarlo.mp3
Last edited by Affiliation on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

zorton

Post by zorton » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:12 pm

Change the way i approach to the creating drum parts for forever... This is not me anymore.. I now know i was on wrong hands

Just suggestion.. Can't you put some melodies for your listeners? Let us remember and grumble smth when we walk on the street? You doing great with drums, make some melodies...

Cool
Steinberg

We had underestimated the development resources required for the continuing work on timely introduction of 64-bit versions of our products.

As a result, Steinberg will not release the Cubase SX/SL 3.1.2 update

Affiliation

Re: electro

Post by Affiliation » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:37 am

yes,

PLB

Post by PLB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am

i think it sounds really nice and clean but i feel like i want to do more. it could probably use a little push in some direction or another... i think with a beefier bass and percussion you could make a great club track out of it

amigo

Post by amigo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:46 pm

This track has a lot of potential so I hope you work on it some more and let us hear the results.

Affiliation

Post by Affiliation » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:24 am

shit, I actually feel sorry about bumping my own stuff....ok

I redid it. Played on the bassline quite abit; Just about everything on that operator is now automated and constantly changing. Increased harmonic distortion and also played with it throughout the track. the Bassline also much louder and wider. There is new scratchy sounds, the artificial noise is gone except in a couple of short spots and the snares and hihats are verbed just slightly. Kick drum has pitch-shifted and also now has an operator triggered in parallel with it. All the tracks basically now have their own compressors with much different settings, and the bass track now has its own maximizer. The other maximizer on the output is still working to hard for my liking...did I loose too much dynamic range? I don't know. - new trick I also learned: put your old song on a separate audio track with its crossfader set to B while the rest of the project runs through crossfader A. The master channel only now has to be on a return track but you can A/B the mix at the touch of a button.
Same length and this is the new link:

http://www.affiliationsound.com/Affilia ... rloDHD.mp3

substance_g

Post by substance_g » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 pm

DHD is a definite improvement... Has lots of potential, this one. How about a DHDPlus...?
MBP-Live7-Oxygen8-Ultralite-UC33e-WaldorfPulse