First hard house/dance/bangin' kind of tune- feedback please

Share your tracks with other users.
sebovzeoueb

First hard house/dance/bangin' kind of tune- feedback please

Post by sebovzeoueb » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:06 pm

I thought I would have a go at making some kind of hard house type music, not really sure what genre this is, because I don't listen to much of that kind of music, being more of an obscure electronica/DnB person, but it is of the bangin' 4/4 kick on every beat persuasion. Please let me know what you think, and tell me what genre you would think this is (although this doesn't worry me particularly, I'm just curious). Whatever it is it was good fun to make, and I might well make some more of this kind of music at some point...

http://www.mydatabus.com/public/s2b/WhyNot_.mp3
Last edited by sebovzeoueb on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacBook Pro 17", 2GB RAM; Live 6, Pod XT Live, MOTU Ultralite, M-AUDIO Axiom 25, Electric and Acoustic Ukuleles, Fretless Bass.

http://www.myspace.com/s2belectronica

sebovzeoueb

Post by sebovzeoueb » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 am

No feedback anyone? I'd be interested to hear what you think, because as mentioned above, I don't really usually make this kind of music, so I would be interested to get tips/feedback from those of you who do....
MacBook Pro 17", 2GB RAM; Live 6, Pod XT Live, MOTU Ultralite, M-AUDIO Axiom 25, Electric and Acoustic Ukuleles, Fretless Bass.

dexitron

Post by dexitron » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Gday m8,

Nice tune mate..Good on ya for making hard house music!! Had a listen to it and I reckon maybe the bass drowns out the rest of the track.. Like the tune though mate.. What software are you using? Are you making use of compressors?? Try a side chain compressor to give it a whoom whoom sound!!
What VST's are you using??

Good work..Alan
If you like Hard house, Check me out @ facebook.com/pages/DeXiTroN/156811167604

sebovzeoueb

Post by sebovzeoueb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:26 am

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the tune. I use mostly the Ableton plug ins (I have Operator and Sampler, but I don't think I used Sampler in this tune), and Zebra CM. I also sometimes use the Apple AU Graphic EQ. I use compressors quite a lot, but I don't have a sidechain compressor. I used the autopan side chain compressor trick on the bass though, to stop it conflicting with the kick. Maybe I just need to compress stuff more...
I really need to get some monitor speakers to be able to judge levels of bass properly, I often put too much.
Anyway, feedback much appreciated, thanks a lot.

dexitron

Post by dexitron » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:20 pm

No probz, keep up tha good work.. I just go nuts with the effects on each individual channel (compressor, EQ) then toggle "bypass" on and off to see if it sounds ok..Monitors are the go for sure, make sure when you buy them that you get AT LEAST 8" Active's.. I bought cheap rolands and they just do not give a true representation (especially when I play my trax thru hi-fi on torq)

Ebays got heaps of good stuff, I found it way cheaper than shops.. Take care m8, and let me know when u finish another and I will do the same, maybe you can give me feedback??

Alan

dexitron

Post by dexitron » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:22 pm

Oh yeah...Zebra is a sick plugin !!