katalyzt new tune: katakumba (tech drum and bass)

Share your tracks with other users.
katalyzt

katalyzt new tune: katakumba (tech drum and bass)

Post by katalyzt » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:45 pm

hello everybody , check out my last tune at www.myspace.com/thekatalyzt

"envolved in a dark and misterious atmosphere_ Katakumba _drops a massive blues bassline
with an explosive drums and cutted guitars, creating a frenetik motion in technologikal mood"

thanxs to listen and any feedback is always welcome.

katalyzt.

shannonSW

Post by shannonSW » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:03 pm

I like the DnB beat ... an appropriate backdrop to a very high energy song. Frenetic is a good word to describe the overall sound. To my ears it seems as though you meant to add in every sound you could come up with, with some loss of cohesion in the composition. An interesting listening experience ...

Ruso

Post by Ruso » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:57 pm

too many loops :roll: they all conflict with each other... I'll give you a tip, take the track, take everything out except for its best, it's absolute best, then listen to it again, it will be a ton better... there are too many things going on at once which makes all the sound cancel each other out...

oh one more thing it's either distorted or you uploaded a really low quality mp3 to myspace, which would kinda explain the chaos....

take out that nasty... bassline that doesn't go into bass freqencies at all? ;)

and don't get me wrong I'm not dissing it, it just has a lot of potential and some elements kill that potential.... especially that bluez guitar riff wonna be nasty organ sound ;) that's the only way I can describe it...

Ruso

Post by Ruso » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:03 pm

I like finish it Istay with....

katalyzt

Post by katalyzt » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:03 am

thank you guys for reply me.

and Ruso, your criticism is just what I need to improve my production :wink: , when Im working on a tune I overlisten so much the mix, that I m really not sure when its overprocessed or too busy.after somedays I finish it, I relisten this mix and have too say tht in many things I agree with you, about the muddy atmosphere and th drums that is not "too loud that I would like it"
Anyway Im finding the way to get that sound I imagine.
ps. the bassline stay there :)

thanxs again.
bye