. moved

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
friend_kami

Re: THE BIG USER REQUESTS TOPIC FOR LIVE9

Post by friend_kami » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:04 pm

oh i got one.
the ability to send audio to an audio rack and select what chain it should send to, currently this can only be done with midi racks that accepts audio, however you can select what audio chain to recieve audio from.

IP

Post by IP » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:31 pm

theys wrote:Crap, forgot one: Sends in Instrument Racks
you forget the best 1 ;p

big +

friend_kami wrote:oh i got one.
the ability to send audio to an audio rack and select what chain it should send to, currently this can only be done with midi racks that accepts audio, however you can select what audio chain to recieve audio from.
im confused! there are no "audio racks" or "midi racks"... do you mean "audio effect" and "midi effect racks" or audio midi tracks?
sorry i may need a coffee ;p

need more info for ...
dna598: Retro record (think of everything else)
Fieldmedic: Follow action triggered at end point marker
everything else added!

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:28 am

IP wrote:
theys wrote:Crap, forgot one: Sends in Instrument Racks
you forget the best 1 ;p

big +

friend_kami wrote:oh i got one.
im confused! there are no "audio racks" or "midi racks"... do you mean "audio effect" and "midi effect racks" or audio midi tracks?
sorry i may need a coffee ;p

need more info for ...
dna598: Retro record (think of everything else)
Fieldmedic: Follow action triggered at end point marker
everything else added!
ahyeah haha. i meant audio effect racks/midi effect racks, obviously :)
you can send audio to a specified chain to a midi rack (remember the group hack i did before we could group up tracks? that was possible via sending multiple audio to a midiplugin with an audio throughput, giving you an instrument track which you could fold that only contained audio tracks), and ofcourse send it elsewhere, but you cant send audio to an audio effect rack and tell you audio track to send to, say, chain 5.

like this: track 1 sends audio to track 2 which contains an audio rack with 5 chains. track wants to send its audio to chain 3 on track 2.
you cant.

however, if you would make the same setup but substitute track2 with a midi track instead and have each chain host a midi plugin that has an audio throughput on it, then you could send audio to either chain.

not sure if this is even interesting for anybody else but i have been dying to have this functionality since.. well.. eh.. since i noticed that it behaved that way.
you can try it yourself even. looper is a midi instrument that takes audio input.
although looper doesnt send the audio elsewhere when instantiated unless triggered, the principle remains: make a midi track and make a rack with a couple of loopers inside it on different chains. now you can send your audio and you can select what chain to send it too.

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:39 am

.... looper should record in seperate layers. very important!!! each layer stand for its own. so you can drag them seperately and create something new.
Last edited by Alsamarkan on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 am

1. normalize function for audio tracks
2. mp3 export
I7 920/6 GB RAM/WIN7/RME 9632/UAD-1/Trigger Finger/APC40/MPK25/Nanokey/Shuttle Pro V2/Live 8 Suite/BFD2 (XFL,8BitKit) Kitcore/Trilian/Omnisphere/FM8/GuitarRig 4/RealGuitar 2/Reflections LE/Waves Vocal Rider/Fabfilter Bundle/SPL Analog Code Bundle 1

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:36 am

the possibility to define more than one template set

Alsamarkan

Post by Alsamarkan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 am

HQ Mode as standard setting

dna598

Post by dna598 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Hey IP,

Retro record is when you press a button and the last minute (or specified time) of midi that was played is magically printed to a clip from the memory.Obviously this is switched on everytime you have a track armed but not recording.

For users of a software called "Live" i am very surprised it is not in the prog. With Lives amazing ability to bring back songs from a crash i dont see why this aint here. Essential for capturing magic and preventing the dreaded red light syndrome.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

dna598

Post by dna598 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:04 pm

I just thought of another big one for me.

8. Master Clips for group tracks.

With this function you could set loop lengths for multiple clips at once on the group slot.

for example i have many different drums in a group playing different length midi clips. When i trigger the group slot it is a simple 2 bar loop you hear.
I would Like to adjust the length in the group slot parameters and tell it to play for half a bar, or move the start point for example .Thereby affecting the WHOLE loop (all the clips). Having a master length on all clips prevents you from having to edit each clip, which can be real slow and painful if you have lots of midi clips.
To help visually implement this i suggest the group slot has a "clip view" showing length and loop braces but with no wavefrom in it, as each clip has a different length. From here you could set length of group clips looping and start/end points

This is basically play order crossed with looping for multiple clips. You could copy scenes and not have to edit each clip, but make global changes to the loop on that scene etc....
Last edited by dna598 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

magestro

Post by magestro » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:17 pm

just a quick one:

Strg+A in Arrange View should select the grouped Clips as well,

right now it doesn`t, i have to open the group to select those clips

ashtonron

Post by ashtonron » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:13 pm

"bounce me" --> creates a new audio track with the selected clip as an audio clip the audio rendered should be Post Fx and include any side chaining that is active

This is a bit like freeze but without having to drag audio clips and unfrezze afterwards..
Ableton Suite 8, Komplete 6, Macbook + IMac, Nuforce Icon HDP, Art tubefire 8, Korg MicroKontrol + wacKMK, Oxygen 8 +++
http://soundcloud.com/ashtonron

Fieldmedic

Post by Fieldmedic » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:19 pm

I started a thread regarding my "Follow Actions" request: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=126410
here's the jist, just to clear things up:

Follow Actions are currently limited to being activated after a certain count. As stemming full length tracks in Ableton Live has become popular to effectively provide cue points in said tracks, it would be great to have the Follow Action command activate at a clips end point. this would allow two uses that I have foreseen:

A loop could be placed and moved at will within a clip and be looped indefinitely, and the follow action would not activate until the loop was turned off and the remainder of the clip played out. Currently, if a Follow action is set to model the length of a clip from start point to end point, looping a section of the clip for a period of time would cause the follow action to activate before the clip finished. when stemming tracks to resemble cue points, this would cause a section of a track to be skipped over, and break the original flow of the track.

the second is for use as loop fills. for example, two 1 bar loops can be made; one to loop extensively, and the other to be used as a fill. With the fill clip placed on legato mode and quantization reduced as low as "none," one could add the fill at any time in the count, it would play out and then follow action back to the loop track without losing time. with the current follow action capabilities, when the fill clip is triggered, it is required to play for an entire count before activating the action prescribed, effectively losing or altering the beat of the music.

Hope that clears it up.
FM

IP

Post by IP » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:29 pm

thanks for explanations everybody :)

All requests added !!

livingroom-studio

Post by livingroom-studio » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:03 am

ENVELOPE EDITOR

should have an option to rotate my enveloop horizontal or vertical.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 am

Alsamarkan wrote:.... looper should record in seperate layers. very important!!! each layer stand for its own. so you can drag them seperately and create something new.
To essentially achieve the same functionality, I think looper should actually have a 'copy clip to new audio track' function that works drags the current audio loop into a clip on a new audio track, plays that new clip, and clears looper's buffer, all with one button hit, which could be assignable to a key command or midi message.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc