OT: Paranormal Activity

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eisnein

Re: OT: Paranormal Activity

Post by eisnein » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:32 pm

nuxnamon wrote:
eisnein wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:but yeah, I've had my girlfriend sleep with me for the past few nights..
how has noone ripped on that yet?
cuz when the gf sleeps over, your guaranteed cooked meals and sex.. I'll take that over my male ego anyday..
sure, that ll do. :(
second class robot

Obvious Alias

Post by Obvious Alias » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:36 pm

beats me wrote:
Obvious Alias wrote:Seriously, though, WTF is it even about?
Really?? I can't think of any other movie that the title tells you exactly what it's about. Is this a forest/trees situation for you?
Well, duh, obviously paranormal activity is involved, I'm just wondering if there is a plot, and if so, what is the direction of said plot. Just saying "it's about paranormal activity" really doesn't provide that type of information. Guess the question was a little to complicated for you.

:D
I like cheese.

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:19 am

Saw it yesterday, the movie was totally spoiled by bad acting and cheap direction. Score 45%.

The guy is an absolut idiot and they keep doing illogic stuff until the end. You feel the couple is fake all along the movie. Not good. The 1 min psychic baby boomer was the best actor!!

I guess the result would have been better if the actors add a bit more natural training. I was actually surprise they spent 11000$ on that movie... It look more like a 4000$ to me.

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:43 am

im going to see this movie AGAIN tonite. fml.. another waste of money..

the things i do to keep my girlfriend(s) happy.

p.s. include the "s" in girlfriend for tonite.. its one of them LOL :twisted:

Sleep Tyght

Post by Sleep Tyght » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:34 am

Worst piece of shit I've seen since "Son of The Mask"...and that's saying A LOT. A FUCKING LOT since I was forced to see that shit when my son was a baby...I nearly vomited while watching Son of The Mask. I still hold that against my son to this day. :)

But Paranormal Activity...fell asleep within 30 minutes, and it had nothing to do with seeing it during a late night showing.When I walked into the theater I swear there was a guy being carried out by two of his friends. His mascara was all fucked up...crying like a bitch. Girls were walking out asking random strangers if the movie was real. Either someone paid those fucks to put on an Oscar caliber performance or I obviously missed something during the 3 times I drifted in and out of sleep. This shit was horrible...like dancing with a fat chick at the club because every pretty chick came with a boyfriend and you weren't gangsta enough to snatch his bitch for 3:30.

Seriously...to the person who said this creative trash was better than "Where The Wild Things Are"...

Nah I won't disrespect your taste in cinema. We're all entitled to our opinions...but seriously I hope there's a demon in your house. Something to drag you out of your bed and fuck you up...and mouth rape you and leaves a bad taste in your mouth to match your taste in cinema.

Sike. No really though... :wink:
Whatever Doesn't Kill You, Only Makes You Stranger.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:21 am

Sleep Tyght wrote:This shit was horrible...like dancing with a fat chick at the club because every pretty chick came with a boyfriend and you weren't gangsta enough to snatch his bitch for 3:30.
In these circumstances you actually want to dance with a dude. Then the pretty chicks will come to you. Trust me.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:00 am

Just saw it, I found it really creepy myself, I thought it was pretty good. Then again, I liked Blair Witch a lot too.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:37 am

Soundscapemusic wrote:im going to see this movie AGAIN tonite. fml.. another waste of money..

the things i do to keep my girlfriend(s) happy.

p.s. include the "s" in girlfriend for tonite.. its one of them LOL :twisted:

ya so, needless to say i didnt go for round two tonite.

Got into a car accident on my way down..

fml :evil:

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:14 am

Im with Sleep Tyght.

Its always depend though, I saw Juon few years ago I was really scared in the theater. Saw it later on a smaller screen and it was not scary at all, just ridiculous.

Before that I saw Ringu with subtitles on a 17" computer screen long time ago in the dead of night and it was really scary. I guess you have to be in the good mood.

Lazos

Post by Lazos » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Good short essay by Stephen King on "Why we Crave Horror Movies," and the macabre in general.

http://www.wicknet.org/english/English% ... ovies.html

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Still not going to see it... bad shit impressions itself on my subconscious far too easily.

*he says, switching on the PS3 to watch the 'Friday the 13th' remake!*
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Finally saw this and 2 things bothered me.

1. Sleeping with the bedroom door wide open. I don't know why anybody would do this. A closed and locked bedroom door could be your last defense/warning against any nighttime disturbance. Even the demon closed the door itself and started banging on it like it locked itself out by mistake.

2. Light switches. Use them. What dip shit goes running around the house at night trying to trace a disturbance and not hit every light switch on along the way?

Other than those two things I enjoyed it for what it was. Possibly false advertising from the way they did the trailer but I thought it was paced fine and wasn't expecting a scare every two minutes. And I thought the actors were likable and believable (other than the bedroom door and light switch bullshit).

Oh, one other sorta complaint. The general pace and build was ok but they got to about a 6 and then just jumped straight to a 10. I think the demon could have done a few more slightly more disturbing things before just going ape shit out of the blue. Maybe it was getting bored like some audience members on here were complaining.

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Just saw MOON... that's a nice little movie! I was afraid at the beginning that it will just be a mix of 2001 and Solaris (even the music sound like the score of the 2002 Solaris remake) but after 15min the movie really go on its own.