another filterbank 2 thread

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
v00d00ppl

another filterbank 2 thread

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:40 am

Ok, I been sacrificing by drinking less, bringing my lunch to work, and not buying any new music lately....I've seen the filterbank 1 go for as low as 400 USD used....should i jump that gun or save up for about 600 dollars to ger a really good used filterbank 2. Is the sound that much more comparable?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

porfiry

Re: another filterbank 2 thread

Post by porfiry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:59 am

I have a Mk. 2, and I can tell you, you'll pry those little switches over on the left side out of my cold dead hands. I don't pitch-track much, but the others, pretty much constant use.

That device is made of premium uncut win.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:26 am

porfiry wrote:I have a Mk. 2, and I can tell you, you'll pry those little switches over on the left side out of my cold dead hands. I don't pitch-track much, but the others, pretty much constant use.

That device is made of premium uncut win.

thanks for the knowledge....how long have u had it?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am

One day I wanna put my Evolver through one of those babies...

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:25 pm

I've had it a few months, not very long. It's provided endless entertainment. I've actually been thinking of selling it already though, because I'm closing in on the fact that what I really want is a modular synth. I know the filterbank would still be useful, but the cash from it would make a few starter eurorack modules possible. I didn't know how far I was going to dive into synths when I bought this thing. :)